Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » What do you think about the scientists frantically backing up climate change data before trump takes over?

What do you think about the scientists frantically backing up climate change data before trump takes over?

I think it's awful that they have to think like that but it might be a good idea. They fear that the data might vanish under a Trump administration so as a precaution there backing up the data and storing it on independent servers. if you google "scientists backing up environmental information" you can read more about it. Also included a link about it. Cheers!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/12/13/scientists-are-frantically-copying-u-s-climate-data-fearing-it-might-vanish-under-trump/

Posted - December 18, 2016

Responses

Maybe you need a hobby besides reading about American politics.
      December 18, 2016 11:09 AM MST

Well I asked Santa for a new stamp collecting book but until then I'm going to keep reading about American politics because the outcome of this election effects my life and my yearly income.
      December 18, 2016 11:45 AM MST

I would think scientists would be backing up their data irrespective of who's president.  Considering all the hacking that goes on, I would imagine they might be afraid of China making the info vanish since they are likely one of the worse offenders when it comes to air pollution.  When your planes can't take off because the air is so polluted the pilots can't see, you should probably admit you have a serious problem. 
      December 18, 2016 12:11 PM MST

One would think that backing up data on other secure servers would be SOP.
      December 18, 2016 12:16 PM MST

I agree. :)
      December 18, 2016 2:13 PM MST

good answer SS
      December 18, 2016 1:04 PM MST

I thought that the main reason was to 
    have a sit down with the President Elect
    and put ALL of the facts on the table,
    so that Trump could see it face to face?
      December 18, 2016 1:03 PM MST

You can put all the facts on the table you want, Trump does not believe in global warming or climate change, so it would be a waste of time.
      December 18, 2016 2:12 PM MST