Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is there anyone left that hasn't had Jehovah's Witnesses at their door preaching about God's Kingdom? Matthew 24:14

Is there anyone left that hasn't had Jehovah's Witnesses at their door preaching about God's Kingdom? Matthew 24:14

Posted - December 21, 2016

Responses

No body I know. 
      December 21, 2016 4:51 AM MST

Thank you for your answer my2cents. No one I know either, but then again most people I know are JW's and much of my family won't have anything to do with me.
      December 21, 2016 6:43 AM MST

That is sad. Have you tried to reach out to family? 
      December 21, 2016 7:05 AM MST

Yup, my dad is convinced that JW's don't believe in gifts and wont hear anything that is said. It's true that we don't celebrate Christmas and Birthdays but gifts not coerced or tainted by false worship are fine. (2 Cor 6:17; 2 Cor 9:6-7) My stepdad's family is a long story. Short version is first time I realized that they had such a problem with me is when my stepdad was in the hospital for sepsis. They were trying to get him to sign papers including one saying he would accept a blood transfusion. He would not sign anything until I arrived as he doesn't trust anyone in the family but me for legal, financial and apparently medical decisions. They were accusing me of forcing my religion on him. He ended up making the decision that he would accept blood if the Dr felt that was the only way to save his life as I told him what I would do but that he had to make his own decision and I would not look down on him either way.
      December 21, 2016 7:27 AM MST

I invite them in.  I have no problem.   I've met some wonderful people who are in that religion.  They are sincere and just want to spread the message of love to all. 

There is no way they understand Sai Baba.  That usually gets the conversation where I want it.  In my corner. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 21, 2016 7:08 AM MST
      December 21, 2016 7:07 AM MST

Thank you for your answer. Do you feel that the God of Sai Saba wants people to worship him a certain way or does it matter how people worship and how has he made it known? The Canaanites felt that their God wanted child sacrifice and ISIS thinks God wants them to kill non Muslims and people of the West.
    I've never heard of Sai Saba other than post by you. How do you make it known?
      December 21, 2016 7:33 AM MST

No.  I feel that the God which Sai Baba most certainly IS  may not be understood by those who see Jesus only in that form.

I don't debate with them.  I listen.  They are a wonderful group of people.  Sai Baba says to embrace all religions because each is a pathway to God.

Sai Baba did not come down to start a new religion.  He came down to explain to mankind that all religions are part and parcel of the whole which is God.

Jehovah's think God is separate.  Sai Baba tells us we are all HIM. We are all God.   That doesn't mean I can perform miracles at will. I means that I could do that and more when I see who I am and where I come from.  So, I enjoy their take as well as all Christian faiths.  Christians think saying we are God is blasphemy and I say that saying that we are NOT God is blasphemy.

But I love their sincerity and they go out and talk the talk and walk the walk.  I honor that more than any petty differences we may have.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 21, 2016 7:42 AM MST
      December 21, 2016 7:40 AM MST

Thank you for explaining that.
      December 21, 2016 7:48 AM MST

Of course, always. 

Here is a tape of Al Drucker.    He was a noted physicist and was saved by Sai Baba while driving a plane in the mountains when a winter storm broke out.

Sai Baba came on the loudspeaker and guided him down.   This is a true story and can be proven.  This is one of many thousands of stories regarding Satya Sai Baba.

And it in now way discounts what Jehova's Witnesses believe.

Enjoy.

December 21, 2016 7:52 AM MST

• I've had plenty... if i have time I will listen... if i don't i will apologise and say very sorry not today and I will wish them well.. I dont understand why people hate JW - they are just people like everyone else... I have a very good friend who is ex JW and have learned a little about them and their religion.
      December 21, 2016 10:16 AM MST

Thank you for your answer Daydreamer. I lost a lot of friends when I started studying with JW's. I think mostly from misunderstandings and propaganda put forth by preachers as they lose money when people study with JW's and stop tithing.

(John 15:17-19) “These things I command you, that you love one another. 18 If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you.
      December 21, 2016 11:00 AM MST

Hello T:

I'm sure I have, but I politely send them away..

excon
      December 21, 2016 10:22 AM MST

Well at least you are polite. Have you ever listened to them and/or read any of their publications?
      December 21, 2016 11:07 AM MST

No, but surprisingly, I haven't had any come by in over 45 years now---and I've lived in various locations in the same metroplex for all that time

But they were never able to offer me a better understanding of God and His relationship with His creation than I already had from the religion to which I belonged at the time.  And that understanding has only increased with time.

They seem like nice enough individuals, but I find their theology untenable.
      December 21, 2016 1:56 PM MST

What do you believe different than JW's? What do you think is the main thing that they have wrong?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102010283?q=what+do+Jehovah%27s+witnesses+believe&p=par
    What do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe?
      December 23, 2016 9:04 AM MST

You do not accept, mush less understand the trinity.  And of course, you do not believe in the divinity of Christ.---

And you think that the bible is the only source of information about God.

I have seen the JW explanations and I find them seriously wanting.

The gift of faith is not identical for all that believe in God.  He distributes it as He will.  I assume He has given you work to do for His kingdom.  He has given me other work.

You and I have nothing to discuss.
      December 23, 2016 10:55 AM MST

If you don't believe in the Bible, I guess we can't really discuss scriptural doctrines. But for what it's worth:
    (2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,

(Mark 7:13) Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”

(John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (1 Corinthians 8:6) there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
    (John 14:28) You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
    (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.

What religion are you? Catholic? This post was edited by texasescimo at December 23, 2016 3:02 PM MST
      December 23, 2016 3:01 PM MST

I very much believe in the bible. One of my electives 50 years ago involved studying the Pentateuch. But some bible beliefs just happen to be wrong.  I find many of the JW are in that category. 

All scripture is ...beneficial.  Of course it is---but much more so if you are reading it with the third person of the trinity, the Holy Spirit. Since you do not think He exists, that puts the JW interpretation of scripture at a distinct disadvantage.

Back up a few verses before Mark 7:13 in order to see what tradition is being referred to.  Quoting 7:13 in this instance in reference to my comment that you think the bible is the only source of information about god is simply specious on your part.

My religion is the one that showed me where to find the pearl of great price.  Which religion it is is should not be important to you. Why my religion has given me more than yours ever can should be of greater to concern to you.

December 23, 2016 7:49 PM MST

So you have to look at the Bible through predetermined trinitarian goggles rather than for what it actually says to come to your beliefs?

(Mark 7:13) Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.

How unloving of you to claim to have found something better and yet not be willing to share.

What does it mean for the Father to be the only true God? Are these that hard to understand?
    (John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (1 Corinthians 8:6) there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
    (John 14:28) You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
    (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.
      December 24, 2016 3:49 AM MST

Nice try.

But my obligation is only to preach the good news---not present an argument that compels you to believe as I do.

I have pointed out what I consider to be the JW primary error.

As I said, this was never open for discussion.
      December 24, 2016 11:57 AM MST

I heard Trump would like to hear from them. He'll be in Trump Towers or the White House in a few weeks.
      December 23, 2016 3:03 PM MST

Possible but me thinks not likely. Ya know, the rich man and camel thingy. But then again, luckily I ain't the judge and can't read hearts.

(Matthew 13:22) As for the one sown among the thorns, this is the one hearing the word, but the anxiety of this system of things and the deceptive power of riches choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
    (Luke 16:13) No servant can be a slave to two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot be slaves to God and to Riches.”
      December 23, 2016 3:23 PM MST

I know i speak for many, I have been a part of the worldwide preaching work since 1962. I know our work is all but done. Still it's important to continue until the finish line. (1corinthians 15:58)
      December 23, 2016 11:48 PM MST

Nice Autumn. Keep up the good work.

December 24, 2016 3:42 AM MST