Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » "Does God Take Children to Become Angels in Heaven?" How do you feel when you hear that at a funeral?

"Does God Take Children to Become Angels in Heaven?" How do you feel when you hear that at a funeral?

Posted - December 21, 2016

Responses

• I understand Tex. 
    And I appreciate that you took the time to write.
    But the question asks how do I feel about some priest person of some kind saying that my dead child is going to be an angel. And honestly, if at that moment I have to choose between him telling me that or what you just wrote, I think I'd go with the Angel version. Wouldn't you?
      December 23, 2016 11:39 AM MST

Oh no, that is not what I would tell someone at a funeral, that's just what I told you here.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008807?q=hope+for+the+dead&p=par
    What do we learn from Jesus about hope for the dead.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014004#h=1:0-38:0
    Death does not end it all. This post was edited by texasescimo at December 23, 2016 2:52 PM MST
      December 23, 2016 2:50 PM MST

• I understand Tex. I appreciate it, you explaining it to me.
      December 23, 2016 3:26 PM MST

You cannot accept the immortality of the soul because you do not understand Jesus as the second person of the trinity incarnate.

Therefore, you cannot appreciate that the soul belongs to an altogether higher plane of existence than other animal forms.

I consider that a serious limitation in the JW "understanding" of God's creation.

And you cannot get to where you need to be by going forward from where you are.  A mistake made when adding a column of numbers can only be corrected by starting over.
      December 23, 2016 12:18 PM MST

So you think that because man say the soul is immortal and that Jesus is part of a trinity that I should reject the Bible?
    (Mark 7:13) Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”

(Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
    (Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
    (Ecclesiastes 9:10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.
    (Psalm 146:4) His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.

(John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (1 Corinthians 8:6) there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
    (John 14:28) You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
    (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.

December 23, 2016 2:47 PM MST

If God needed another angel, as the almighty that he is, he would simply create another one.(Job 34:10)
      December 23, 2016 11:20 PM MST