Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » If you use Paypal do you find it secure?

If you use Paypal do you find it secure?

Posted - December 21, 2016

Responses

So far I have.
      December 21, 2016 3:10 PM MST

• I have used it for years and yes it seems fine... i think in as much as any of them are... I like Paypal i confess.
      December 21, 2016 3:26 PM MST

So far - so good.  I haven't had any problems with it.
      December 21, 2016 4:16 PM MST

i like paypal, ... i trust that its secure .... 

but i have to say im a little bit disappointed lately .... it feels like both paypal and ebay take some money from you ... ( if you are an ebay seller ) ...

like on the last items i sold , i guess paypal took its own fee , and ebay too on it ... so i lose money everytime thats stupid
      December 21, 2016 5:10 PM MST

It may be secure but it's b++++y difficult to set up an account on it! Had to abandon the attempt and write a cheque in the end - that might get lost in the post but the risk of that is small, and the security of paper mail is a lot higher than anything on the Internet.
      December 22, 2016 6:02 PM MST

I have used PayPal for over 10 yrs and have never had a problem. I have even had to use their "buyer's protection program" a few times. (Once with Sears--- never received the product and they would not respond to me, and once I was stupid and thought I found an excellent deal on some electronics) They gave my money back both times. 
      December 22, 2016 6:21 PM MST

Oh, I know it can be very good when it works. I'd tried to use it pay a society subscription on-line.

As I've no PayPal account I had to establish one, but it proved impossible. The first sign of trouble was in trying to enter my telephone number, as it requests. It was not at all clear why it would not let me enter it, but I think the displayed +44 and an apparent extra space, were the stumbling-blocks, stopping me entering the correct STD part of the code (01xxx - then the individual number).

Eventually the combination of volunteer-run society web-site and big-business PayPal sent me confusing messages about "bouncing servers" that tried to tell me I had paid, when we'd not even reached the payment stage. I closed the lot. Letter-post may be slower nominally but that does not matter - it works!

Sometimes I think that far from making things simple and efficient, as we'd all hoped in the early days of the Internet, many large companies now go out of their way to make their web-sites and software, hence themselves, as unreachable and un-cooperative as possible.
      December 22, 2016 6:39 PM MST