Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If all people of USA became Jehovah Witness would Britain have to re-adopt the country as a colony to govern it and defend it?

If all people of USA became Jehovah Witness would Britain have to re-adopt the country as a colony to govern it and defend it?

Since JWs avoid getting involved in politics and shun military service. 

Posted - December 23, 2016

Responses

• (Upon reading the best question he's ever seen on Answermug...  Glis stands from his chair and slowly, yet  forcefully starts clapping his hands.) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 23, 2016 12:56 PM MST
      December 23, 2016 11:38 AM MST

• I think it kinder to spare them that.
      December 23, 2016 11:39 AM MST

What a nightmare that would be.
      December 23, 2016 12:34 PM MST

Really...?!
      December 23, 2016 12:42 PM MST

Yes really
      December 23, 2016 12:50 PM MST

Hmm.

If everyone were gay and procreation were only possible through actual sexual intercourse, would the bi-sexuals be our deliverance?

Just wondering?
      December 23, 2016 1:13 PM MST

Yes.
      December 23, 2016 1:17 PM MST

Oh these questions are delightful!
      December 23, 2016 1:19 PM MST

Not if they were a Jehovah Witness.
    You can't be gay and a JW.
      December 23, 2016 1:31 PM MST

I forgot.  It was just a parallel question with no connection.  Christmas always puts me in a fun mood.
      December 23, 2016 1:34 PM MST

Merry Christmas
      December 23, 2016 1:52 PM MST

• Hmm as a resident Brit..  I can say that although I am sure the question was posted in good humour.. there's so much that was really not good about it...

Brits have not been into colony stuff for many many years we LET most of them go, we KNEW at that point it was wrong.. we are NOT proud of what we did but jeez it was a long time ago.. back when MY ancestors were pretty much slaves themselves with no say in anything.. and WE are now a very different people... if anything we are too nice, accepting and understanding...

WE are also, unlike some, not a war mongering nation. in fact the only reason we got involved in the last lot was because our dipstick prime minister was more interested in being another nation's sycophantic lap dog than in doing what was right and what was right for our country.. The people of the country were overwhelmingly against it and Tony Blair has faced trial because of it..

SO no, is the answer cos we dont have a colony, we don't believe it's right, we are way, way, way more liberal and civilised, as a people to even consider that.. and.. we don't feel the need to protect people who are not our own from their own choices
      December 23, 2016 2:22 PM MST

• I am going to do a statement or question.. kinda inspired by this... but kinda independent of it too.... it seemed to me they were linked... religion.. and the Brit people... 

This is a link to Prince Charles... I've always admired him even tho i am not especially into the monarchy.. he seems a fairly cool guy, very into the environment - puts his money where his mouth is.. organic gardener.. and he cares... and I guess it struck me.. even tho I have almost nothing in common with Prince Charles.. the way he speaks about religious persecution and treating others with respect... this is kinda who we are as a people.. It would be lovely if those Americans who are still under the very outdated and false impression that we are a war mongering colonist people could learn and reevaluate  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04mb0d7

if the link doesn't work look up BBC Radio 4 and *thought for the day* and/or Prince Charles.
      December 23, 2016 2:43 PM MST