Active Now

Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Have you seen what the electoral map would look like if only people who weren't burnt to a crisp in a nuclear holocaust voted?

Have you seen what the electoral map would look like if only people who weren't burnt to a crisp in a nuclear holocaust voted?

Posted - December 23, 2016

Responses

.. but no one around to care.
      December 23, 2016 11:06 PM MST

Most people wouldn't be burned to a crisp in a nuclear war.  They would just starve to death because there wouldn't be any food left if the radiation didn't microwave them from the inside out first.

However, that map is just a little wrong.  If there were a nuclear war Wyoming just wouldn't be safest place.  There's a large air force base by Cheyenne so Cheyenne would be one of the first cities to go.  Most of our missile silos are also close to there.  They're in the place between Cheyenne WY, Sidney NE, Fort Collins CO and Sterling CO so that's another really good place not to be.

The one I would have to worry about is the large air force base that's 320 miles to the west of me so I might have to spend a few weeks in the cellar on my property munching on my canned food and bottled water because nuclear fallout would be a problem.

So yeah, my husband and I actually have made plans and know what to do if that or any other emergency happens.
      December 23, 2016 11:28 PM MST

I would venture to guess that the map maker listed Wyoming because of the Cheyenne Mountain Complex- i.e. Some would survive because they'd be sheltered there. The rest would be gone. 

I realize the tense is inaccurate... I suppose the original author did it for the sake of humor. It's good you're prepared, though. I don't think nuclear war is a real concern, but even bad weather can cause issues.
      December 24, 2016 12:19 AM MST