Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Ecclesiastes 4:2 ... the dead are happier than the living..." how could that be do you think? Is a rock happier than a living thing?

Ecclesiastes 4:2 ... the dead are happier than the living..." how could that be do you think? Is a rock happier than a living thing?

A rock has no memory,  no feelings,  no needs, no awareness of time...
That's being happier? 

Posted - December 24, 2016

Responses

Not buying the premises of that book. But we can make a discussion and I can prove to you, you are a stone by "logics". Does that make you a stone? Hmm. Have a lovely day/night.
      December 24, 2016 4:17 AM MST

When life/awareness ends my body is like a stone; like all the non-living matter that is the material of the universe. 

Buddha said "consciousness exists in the stone" 

Consciousness exists in the non-living matter that is the means to enable life to begin when and where conditions are suitable.  Life could not begin if consciousness did not exist as the very basis of life.  

Buddha: "consciousness exists in the stone,  sleeps in the plant and awakens in the animal".

This post was edited by Kittigate at December 24, 2016 5:06 AM MST
      December 24, 2016 4:36 AM MST

I believe in the presence, it is here I can make a difference for those surrounding me, and for the future to come. I can do by extratcting what can be taught by the past. Hmm.
      December 24, 2016 5:50 AM MST

Sounds fine. We are all interconnected via various degrees of consciousness.  This post was edited by Kittigate at December 24, 2016 6:10 AM MST
      December 24, 2016 5:59 AM MST

:-)
      December 24, 2016 6:08 AM MST

If you studied 'Bell's Theorem', you would see the connection between electrons of an atom. They can 'communicate' when separated. That means the simple atoms of a rock can talk to each other. They have no brains to understand, but God can receive their information. 
      December 24, 2016 5:02 AM MST

Yes there may very well be some unknown factors when you are in the quantum zone; how particles can communicate with each other as in quantum entanglement and stuff as well. 
      December 24, 2016 5:44 AM MST

New international version says at eclesiástes 4:2 "and I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive."
    The king James version says: "wherefore i praised the dead which are already dead more than the living which are yet alive."
    the living bible version says: "so I felt that the dead are better off than the living."
    The revised standard version says: "and I thought that the dead who are already dead more fortunate than the living who are still alive;
    the new world translation says: "and I congratulated the dead who had already died rather than the living who were still alive."
      December 24, 2016 11:13 PM MST