Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Could the Secrete service stop/hold Trump if he was about to put himself and the Nation in Danger?

Could the Secrete service stop/hold Trump if he was about to put himself and the Nation in Danger?

When I first started hearing about a possible arms race I got scarred. Then I heard about the nice Christmas letter Putin sent Trump and I thought - good maybe it's a sign of peace. Then I heard that Putin said he would visit the United States if he was invited and again I thought good. Then I started thinking what if it's just a diabolical Russian first strike plan and then my imagination really started running amuck. I was thinking stuff like what if Putin convinces Trump that since their friends there's no need for such heavy security and then they get Trump and the guy with the launch codes in a room and prevent Trump from giving the launch order to retaliate for the incoming Russian missals - I was also thinking that the Russians would send a Putin look a like. So what I would like to know is does the secret serves have the power to say no Sir your not going in that room even if Trump insists. Cheers, Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Posted - December 25, 2016

Responses

Hello N:

I think not.

excon
      December 25, 2016 6:07 PM MST

Well, let's see now. 

The sad thing is?  This is quite plausible.   Trump thinks he is on top of everything, he is a stooge most likely when push comes to shove.  But he probably has a carrot or two to hold Putin at bay.  

Putin needs us and we need Russia it seems.   I think it could turn into just a friendly competition if both sides have a lot to gain from one another and appreciate what will happen if they blow it and try and blow one another up. 

December 25, 2016 7:30 PM MST

Could? Yes. Would? No, it would be illegal and a violation of the democratic process.

Then again the US have a proud tradition of Vigilanteism. People doing what they 'feel' is right even if it is utterly illegal.

It comes by various names: Lynching, Assassination (eg J.F.Kennedy, Lincoln), Slander, etc.

So they might. Or someone else might. We can only hope that anyone doing it will get caught.
      December 25, 2016 9:40 PM MST