Discussion » Questions » Music » With one event, has a singer/group you formerly disliked suddenly make you like her/him/them?

With one event, has a singer/group you formerly disliked suddenly make you like her/him/them?

I still don't really like what Sia does with her voice but this music video to "The Greatest" hooked me from start to finish. Its creepy strangeness appeals to me, and the choreography and dancing I find superb. (If she only didn't do that "thing" with her voice on the 'uh-oh's' beginning at the 1:18 mark, ha!)

Posted - December 28, 2016

Responses

I didn't care much for 'Adele' until 'Hello' hit the radio. Darker than the blues. I actually answered a question on the old Answerbag from someone claiming to be Adele back in 2014. They wanted to know if anyone had a sad love affair story. I told 'em about my long distance relationship that was loosely maintained with a chic while we were living far apart. The 'Adele' person loved my story and thanked me profusely. I forgot about it until I heard 'Hello' on the radio. The story sounded very familiar. 
      December 28, 2016 1:14 PM MST

What a fascinating story, bhwilson! Indeed, maybe that song is more than coincidence!
    Interestingly, "Hello" was the Adele song that just blew me away the VERY first time I heard it. I loved it immediately! And up until that time, I was not so much a fan of her music. I still like that song the best of hers that I've heard.
    Thanks for answering, bhwilson/AdeleInspirer!
    :)
      December 28, 2016 6:41 PM MST

• Meh .... I'm on another Q&A site that hates on Kanye west . I never much cared for him but I dislike seeing a group of people hating on any  one person they don't know.... So I started saying how awesome he his and defending him like I'm a fanatic fan cos I felt like it  ... And somehow I kinda became one ... Don't judge me :/ COS I SAID SO .
      December 28, 2016 5:09 PM MST

No judging from me! I love your story, Jaime! It's great!

Thanks for answering!
    I didn't know this was a West song - - I've always sort of liked it.
      December 28, 2016 6:38 PM MST

• It's a cool as' song:) yay!!! no judgment for liking Kanye on a public site ..... I likes it here :)
      December 28, 2016 6:45 PM MST

Yes, yay!
      December 28, 2016 6:47 PM MST

• :)
      December 28, 2016 6:50 PM MST

• I don't know if this qualifies, but Enya started with her family's Celtic group Clannad, in 1980, which I didn't find that special. In 1982, she left the group for a solo career.  Her new, three man team produced sounds that some have called angelic.

January 23, 2017 12:08 AM MST