Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We all know PET is above the law. His only guide is his appetite/desire/impulse. If he were to face jail time maybe he'd shut up. Ya think?

We all know PET is above the law. His only guide is his appetite/desire/impulse. If he were to face jail time maybe he'd shut up. Ya think?

The prez-elect has a big mouth, a big ego so he makes pronouncements on things only the president of the United States should do. Which he is not. Yet. So far he is getting away with it. He has no idea of what is appropriate. He doesn't give a sh** about any of it. Maybe spending time in a jail to ponder WITHOUT twitter might give him a cause to pause. Has a president-elect ever been jailed before? If he were wouldn't that make him  ineligible for the office? He lacks judgment. He lacks discretion. He lacks knowledge. He lacks docorum. His brakes are broken if he ever had them. He is not a contemplative man. He is reactor. Nuclear one day?

Posted - December 29, 2016

Responses

You need to commit a crime to go to jail. What crime did Trump commit? Maybe you should look at Obama. A president that has exceeded his power many times. 
      December 30, 2016 4:44 AM MST

@njm -- How about running a charitable foundation that wasn't charitable, doing business with Cuba in violation of the US trade embargo, claiming business partners' investment losses as his own for tax purposes,  failing to pay vendors/employees, and setting up a fraudulent university?

That's just off the top of my head.

But, of course, since he's not a STOOPID EBIL LIBRULH, all is forgiven...;-D...
      December 30, 2016 6:07 AM MST

So let the law go after him. What about Hillary? Taking money from foreign countries to fund her campaign. Or do you believe that all that money really went to charity.
      December 30, 2016 6:49 AM MST

@njm -- Sure, let's put Der Pumpkinfuhrer through 8 congressional investigations and 2 FBI investigations before he takes office. THEN you can whine about Hilary's alleged criminality without being a SCHMUICKING SHMYPOCRITE!
      December 30, 2016 8:07 AM MST

I think Obama's words to Russia and Israel are more of a concern.  Obama is trying to really make it hard for Trump with no regard for America.  Quoting, "you can sum up Obama's policies in 6 words;
    promote the Muslims, ignore the Christians and blame the Jews" Now he is including the Russians.
    and trying to stick it to the U.S. a few more times before leaving.  He will go down in history as
    an enemy of America.  Obama is more of a problem that Trump could think of being. 
    This post was edited by Sunshine at December 30, 2016 10:21 AM MST
      December 30, 2016 4:52 AM MST

Obama would rather sit down with the Muslim brotherhood then the leader of Israel. He made a terrible deal with Iran. Then lied about paying ransom for the hostages. He opens relations with Cuba, but doesn't demand that the fugitive cop killer be returned. 
      December 30, 2016 6:02 AM MST

• Please explain why the nuclear deal with Iran is terrible.  I won't ask you to justify the other parts of your answer, just that bit.
      December 30, 2016 8:16 AM MST

We gave a ton of money to a country that sponsors terrorism across the globe. All that money means Iran will keep spreading terrorism, and another step closer to getting nukes. 
      December 31, 2016 5:29 AM MST

• Try reading the actual treaty.  And think about what the situation would be like without it.
      December 31, 2016 6:21 AM MST

• it never stopped the others. I agree with Sunshine, Obama seems intent on makings as difficult as possible and pi$$ing off as many people as possible before he leaves office. According to some, the birth certificate he presented is a complete fake. If that's true, that's  a case of high treason and could end in a prison term. It could also mean everything he's done in office could be overturned and voided. I don't know, I wasn't there, I haven't seen it, so I don't know if it's real or not. If it does turn out to be a fake, he's pulled off the greatest deception in history. Hillary has committed her fair share of crimes as well, that never shut her up. It's all one big FUBAR of a situation with our country right now. I do agree that PET should stay off Twitter. His reasoning for his Tweets is that the main stream media doesn't report the truth and he wants the people to know what's really going on. Not sure if I buy that explanation or not. 
      December 30, 2016 5:28 AM MST

Whee! It's an RAWF conspiracy-fest!

December 30, 2016 6:10 AM MST

It never ends OS. The loony tunes are out there and I fear they are multiplying. I wonder what a dissection of such a brain would reveal? What anomalies/irregularities/deformations that could cause such bizarre "thinking" to continue despite the absurdities? Mahalo for your reply and the graphic. SIGH.
      December 30, 2016 6:14 AM MST

• I'm just repeating what others are saying, I also said I don't know if it's true or not. I never presented it as fact. I'm waiting for the official report. Hey, at least I didn't mention anything about Michelle really being a man. :p
      December 30, 2016 7:29 AM MST

Or all Obama's gay drug addict lovers lol. 
      December 30, 2016 7:33 AM MST

• Or that Hillary actually died at the 9/11 memorial and they've been using body doubles since then.....there are a million of them out there. :)
      December 30, 2016 7:36 AM MST

@Karen -- Repeating what "others are saying" is a surprisingly dangerous thing to do. What it tends to do, in cognitive terms, is reinforce what is being said in the minds of those hearing it. If your intent is to be derisive, some paraphrasing (and being clear that you are mocking the idiocy of the repetitious blather) is important.
      December 30, 2016 8:06 AM MST

• Well, it's been in the news but nothing has actually been proven or disproved. Calling me a conspiracy theorist is a little insulting, especially from you because I thought you knew me a little better than that. 
      December 30, 2016 8:24 AM MST

• Got to laugh.  :)
      December 30, 2016 8:18 AM MST

maybe
      January 2, 2017 3:56 PM MST