Active Now

Randy D
Thebigd
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Are you familiar with the TV show "American Gothic" from 1995?

Are you familiar with the TV show "American Gothic" from 1995?

I was talking with another Answermugger a bit about it a couple of days ago.
The lasted less than season, partly due to an inane sporadic ever-changing broadcast schedule by the network.
One of the best shows ever to me. (There is a current TV show with the same name but I don't think it's related to this one at all.)

:)

"Someone's at the door, someone's at the door . . . "

Posted - December 29, 2016

Responses

There are typos in my question, I see. Woops! Sorry!

"The SHOW lasted less than ONE season."

Oh! And the video clip plays VERY loudly on my computer. I hope it doesn't scare you if you watch and it's as loud as it is for me.
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 29, 2016 9:43 AM MST
      December 29, 2016 9:39 AM MST

Thanks, WingedWonder.

I can't remember which answermugger with whom I talked about the show, ha!
    ;)

I'm glad you answered, thanks!
    I, too, own it on DVD. And in addition to its unfortunate demise, I guess the episodes on the official DVD collection are placed out of the show's creators' intended order.
    This show deserved SO much better treatment!

I, too, liked young Lucas Black's accent. And even as a young guy, Black is such a natural actor -- he comes across completely authentic and honest as his character. (As do all the actors and characters to me.)

And that tag line from the pilot episode - - "Someone's at the door, someone's at the door, Caleb, someone's at the door . . ."
    Chilling to me every time!

I could talk of the show's greatness a lot. And you've nailed it - - the actors, production values and story --  all superb. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 29, 2016 3:24 PM MST
      December 29, 2016 3:23 PM MST

no, never heard of it
      January 1, 2017 4:59 PM MST

Sorry for missing your reply until only now, pearl!
    The show was great in my opinion!
    It's no surprise you hadn't heard of it -- even when it was on network TV, the network kept changing what day of the week and time they showed it.
    Thanks for answering.
      January 9, 2017 7:14 PM MST