Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you have favorite duets featuring artists whom you didn't expect to sing together?

Do you have favorite duets featuring artists whom you didn't expect to sing together?

One of my most favorites (and I may add others as individual answers) is
"Hey Good Lookin'" featuring Buckwheat Zydeco and Dwight Yoakam.
They ROCK together!

Playing this song just now, I discovered that Buckwheat Zydeco (Stanley Joseph Dural, Jr, I believe; I'm a big Dwight fan, so I'm unsure of Stanley's full name) died in September of this year. I love Yoakam and this song introduced me to Buckwheat Zydeco.

Posted - December 29, 2016

Responses

How could I forget this one?! Thanks, Zack! Great one!
    :)
      December 31, 2016 1:22 PM MST

That didn't seem an unlikely combination to me, Zack. I wasn't surprised when it got to Number One.
      January 1, 2017 6:03 AM MST
  • Bez

Bryan Adams did this duet with Mel C from the Spice Girls.
      January 1, 2017 5:52 AM MST

Hi Andy B! I got confused -- was responding to Mr Bore-mide's answer instead of yours -- somehow I got them mixed up and wrote a rambling comment. I'll come back and listen to your answer!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 3, 2017 5:44 PM MST
      January 1, 2017 12:28 PM MST

Darn! They should have found each other at the end of the video!
    The song grew on me in a good way as I listened --  I hadn't heard it before.
    I didn't pay attention to individual who-was-who as far as individual Spice Girls but she looks like she might have been either Sporty or Scary? Or was  there even a Scary Spice? For some reason, I'm thinking there was.
    Thanks for answering, Andy B!
      January 1, 2017 12:38 PM MST

Mel C was known as Sporty Spice. Mel B was known as Scary Spice. There were two Mels in the Spice Girls. Hard to believe they were around 20 years ago and they are all in their 40s now. Where did all those yesterdays go? Lol:)

Happy New Year, Welby. :)
      January 3, 2017 5:42 PM MST

Happy New Year to you, too, Andy B! Thanks for helping me out with the spices.
      January 3, 2017 7:01 PM MST

You're welcome, Welby. Anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask me. :)

Do you remember the phrase "Where did all those yesterdays go?", Welby? I got that from a song by Odyssey which was a hit when I was about 15 or 16. I remember the song played at my school leaving disco.

January 6, 2017 9:39 AM MST

Hi Bez,
    I didn't recognize that phrase, no. And, unfortunately, I only now just came across your answer over two years later! sorry! Indeed, where did all those yesterdays go? This is a pleasant-sounding song.

(I'm unsure what you mean here by 'school leaving disco.')

Hope you're well.
      February 24, 2019 6:45 AM MST

The school leaving disco was the disco held in our last week in school. We had one every year for those in their final year. Didn't your old school have them, Welby?
      February 24, 2019 3:38 PM MST

January 1, 2017 6:15 AM MST

Hi Mr. Bore-mide!! 
    I never heard this Cave/Minogue song. I like it. I don't know why Nick Cave here looks familiar and his name seems familiar but I looked him up and none of the stuff I read about him rang a bell.
    Thanks for answering, Mr. Bore-mide!
      January 1, 2017 12:32 PM MST

• Here's a duet that sold a ton of records and received mixed reviews.

Sonny & Cher - "I Got You Babe"

January 15, 2017 4:10 AM MST

Little Drummer Boy - sung by David Bowie and Bing Crosby. Cheers!
      February 24, 2019 3:46 PM MST