Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Just by looking at their eyes and absolutely no other criteria,

Just by looking at their eyes and absolutely no other criteria,

do you think you can discern whether or not a person in a burka* is really a female?

*Forgive me if burka is either the wrong word or the wrong spelling for the head covering that only exposes the eyes. ~

Posted - December 30, 2016

Responses

• I would think most people can yes.. but there would be other clues which one could use to help ascertain the gender..  I am not entirely sure why it matters tho?
      December 30, 2016 9:31 AM MST

Why does it have to "matter"?  It's a question, as simple as that. Absolutely any question that can be asked can be met with "I'm not entirely sure why it matters", based on your perspective.   It bewilders me as to why someone would join a Q&A website and then ponder why a question "matters".

:|
      December 30, 2016 10:06 AM MST

• LOL cool it.. no need to get out of your tree :P if asking a question is valid no matter what.. then MY question, why does it matter is also valid QED :P 

Fwiw tho, since you asked sooo politely :P I did have a motive.. or a reason, and it was valid.. I was wondering whether it mattered to YOU.. as in did you have a personal motive or a motive connected with something specific.. A lot of things ran through my mind, which is GOOD as it means your question was thought provoking.. so you should at least be flattered I asked :P   

I wondered specifically, since you and I are such good friends () whether you felt that you might one day be *tricked* by a man wearing aforementioned item of head gear.. and whether that were a specific worry to you.. or whether it was a more general fear about being tricked by men pretending to be women, or even women in some way being deceitful.. 

There see? It wasn't a vacuous question on my part.. neither was it anything against you.. so you can forgive me now :P
      December 30, 2016 10:22 AM MST

You cool it. The vast majority of the questions, answers and comments I post on here are in jest.  Oftentimes, there are people who take them more seriously than they deserve to be taken. Silly questions do not "matter".  No question escapes the potential for being considered unimportant (i.e., does not matter).

-
      December 30, 2016 10:38 AM MST

• Oh dear... you didn't get it did you...  I would try to explain.. I *should* try to explain - but as I did a pretty good job in the first reply; it seems kinda a pointless task.. 

OK, ok - I am by nature a fan of education.. one more try, albeit a small half-hearted one... soo..

I answered the question.. there was no suggestion that I disrespected it in any way as a *question.* That applies regardless of whether it was in jest or not - I stated that it was a good question - a thought provoking one...   

MY question, was not to in any way disregard the validity of your question but to ask, did it matter to YOU.. as in why does it matter to YOU.. was there a reason specific to yourself that caused you to ask it...  

Do you see??  We know that things can easily be misinterpreted but I DID take the time to explain.. that I wasn't in any way questioning the validity of the question.. rather, I was expanding upon it - which *was* a compliment..   

You however, seem to have taken offence - where none was intended and with regard to your comment that *I* should cool it - well you DID kinda go off on a bit of a rant!  I quote below - but the whole point was, that the rant was unnecessary as I wasn't casting any doubts upon the validity of your question in the first place... so what I am saying is, in plain language.. you did kinda go off on one there :P

The moral of the story is.. don't assume someone is insulting your questions unless they actually are.. 

December 30, 2016 11:32 AM MST

• I'd think most times, yes.
      December 30, 2016 9:36 AM MST

You are suffering from post traumatic syndrome I see this now.  You should never have enlisted.  Now you see terrorists everywhere.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 30, 2016 10:24 AM MST
      December 30, 2016 9:42 AM MST

• Like you would know anything about PTSD or enlisting.
      December 30, 2016 10:06 AM MST

Who said anything about terrorists, Sharonna?  Thanks for reading between lines that aren't even there.

:|
      December 30, 2016 10:08 AM MST

• I was thinking about some of the things youve gone thru, and I take the PTSD comment back. Sorry about that. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 30, 2016 11:16 AM MST
      December 30, 2016 11:15 AM MST

I guess if I was blind I would just have to feel my way around. 
      December 30, 2016 9:47 AM MST

(were blind)
      December 30, 2016 10:08 AM MST

I were not really blind ;  just pretending. 
      December 30, 2016 10:36 AM MST

• No. And you're missing a couple of commas btw. ;)
      December 30, 2016 10:01 AM MST

Thank you. The entire post was poorly written, so I have edited it. 
    ~
      December 30, 2016 10:09 AM MST

• I was just messing with you Randy, I don't care about that.
      December 30, 2016 10:17 AM MST

LOL!  Thank you for saying so, but I had already edited my post prior to reading your response. Your observation was correct, I appreciate you having made it.  My decision to edit it was based on how poorly I had written it, not on your observation. 
      December 30, 2016 10:22 AM MST

• I understand.
      December 30, 2016 11:17 AM MST

In most cases but I think the custom is ridiculous. 
      December 30, 2016 1:23 PM MST

they wouldnt be wearing it if they werent
      December 31, 2016 9:46 PM MST

The eyes give a lot away.

It is quite easy to say from the eyes whether a person is amused, sleepy, scowling, sad, concentrating, frivolous, amazed, exasperated, bored, mischievous etc So if eyes give away so much why not just gender? Do women have more alluring eyes than men? Therein lies the real answer.
      January 8, 2017 7:45 AM MST