Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What is a good way to hide a light cord that is on the wall?

What is a good way to hide a light cord that is on the wall?

$$$$$$$$$$

Posted - December 30, 2016

Responses

You can run conduit in straight lines and right angles. Put the cord inside. Cut and extend it if you have to. This post was edited by O-uknow at January 14, 2017 9:07 AM MST
      December 30, 2016 7:09 PM MST

With a snake if you train a snake to hang on the light cord people will notice the snake and not the cord. Snakes come in many colors so it would be easy to get a snake that fit in with the color scheme of the room. Cheers Happy Weekend and Happy New Year!
      December 30, 2016 7:22 PM MST

You can set a plant or piece of furniture in front of it.  You can buy a fabric elasticized thingy that you slip over the cord, but then of course, you have the fabric thing running down the wall.  If you are handy, and this is something I have done, is knock a small hole in the wall by the baseboard and another behind the item that needs to be plugged in.  Fish the power cord up behind the wall.  Repair with sheetrock mud around the cord at both places.  
      December 30, 2016 8:58 PM MST

Stand in front of it. 
      December 31, 2016 1:42 AM MST

I'll just avoid that room.
      December 31, 2016 9:38 PM MST

just put a cover over it
      December 31, 2016 9:28 PM MST

Not sure why you'd want to hide something that's meant to be easy to find in near-darkness; and one or two of those suggestions would make it more obvious, not less. I'd simply cut it shorter, leaving enough to be easily reached, and fit a smaller handle.
      January 14, 2017 6:52 AM MST

Not a "light pull" or switch to turn on the light, the actual electrical cord that hangs down and goes into the outlet.
      January 14, 2017 6:55 AM MST

Ah, I see. Sorry Mr. Bore-mide. Trans-Atlantic language difference I think - I'm guessing you are in America!

The "cord" in US parlance is a "lead" or "cable" in the UK, where the cord is indeed the string operating a ceiling-mounted switch common in bedrooms, and compulsory in bathrooms for electrical safety.

In that case, can you chase the cord into the wall (admittedly leaving a strip to re-decorate), or if it's a boarded wall, follow or adapt Thriftymaid's suggestion?
      January 14, 2017 7:21 AM MST