Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Music » This music video made me gasp ~

This music video made me gasp ~

"The Killing Type" by Amanda Palmer and The Grand Theft Orchestra

~ I can't post the video on the site; youtube even posted  a "Mature Audience Only" warning at the beginning of the video
~ it's not mature for the reasons you might be thinking
~ the video went places I did not expect
~ GREAT song and performances, too! And the video is stunning!
~ Go look it up if you dare, ha!

:)

Posted - December 31, 2016

Responses

Oh, my! That is wild! And I loved it! This video proves that sometimes "Ugly" can be "Beautiful"
    I think it's worse than "The Killing Type" as far as being disturbing.

This "Closer" reminds me of the 'look' of many scenes in the movie "SeVen," if you've seen that. QUASI-PLOT SPOILER for "SeVen" - - especially the crime scene for "Gluttony.'
      December 31, 2016 2:16 PM MST

Yes, agreed!
    PLOT SPOILER, "SeVen"!!!
    The scene that I remember the most, the "Gluttony" scene, where the guy is dead at the table with his face in his food plate ~ Ugly Is Beautiful in that movie to me, to, like "Closer" video.
    Yeah, that movie is not one I would re-watch.
      December 31, 2016 2:25 PM MST

Thanks for looking the video up and watching/listening! And for answering my question!

Woops! And I just realized I did not ask a question, officially!! I bet my "question" gets removed. Oh, well.
      December 31, 2016 2:27 PM MST

Based on this song and music video, I just bought the CD that includes this song. I think all three guys are hot! And in one image in the booklet, one guy wears only underwear and that guitar player looks nude, holding some cloth in a strategic place.
    I'm just now listening to the CD for the first time. I like every song so far. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 31, 2016 2:30 PM MST
      December 31, 2016 2:22 PM MST

Ha! Believe it or not, I'm doing more of listening at the moment. But I do find all three are handsome guys. And I think they look good in all-white in the "Killing Type" video. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 31, 2016 2:34 PM MST
      December 31, 2016 2:29 PM MST

I had to look him up. I'm unfamiliar with his work.

(Amanda also is connected with the group The Dresden Dolls -- a group I only know by name. I'll probably be looking them up more closely, too, at some point.)
      December 31, 2016 2:50 PM MST