Discussion » Questions » Arts » Shall we wish Heni Matisse a happy birthday today?

Shall we wish Heni Matisse a happy birthday today?

Art history: Heni-Emile-Benoit Matisse was a French artist who was born on December 31, 1869. He was known for his use of color and his draftsmanship. He was also a printer and a a sculptor. His art style is called fauvism. Leaders of the movement were Henri Matisse and Andre Derain. 

Henri married Amelie Noelle Parayre, his children were Marguerite Matisse (that's me),  Pierre Matisse, and Jean Matisse. Henri dies from a heart attack November 4, 1954. 

Posted - December 31, 2016

Responses

Sure.  But is it 'Heni' or' Henri'?  ( I am the grandson of Henry Wilson, a great house painter. During the Great Depression, Grandpa Henry had a large crew and painted the houses of the wealthy, including that of President Rutherford B. Hayes.) I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you all. It is also the birthday of Nile Hanchett, a fellow motorcycle racer from my days in the 70s. 
      December 31, 2016 5:46 PM MST

Listen, Marguerite, maybe you can help me out.  I was at the Orangerie Musem in Paris this summer (No, I'm not kidding) and saw a lot of impressionist paintings.  I liked most of them but Matisse?  Honestly, to me, some of his paintings looked like they could have been done by a grade school child.  Tell me, what's he trying to say?  Anyway, happy birthday to him. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at December 31, 2016 8:28 PM MST
      December 31, 2016 7:05 PM MST