Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Would you have listened to Noah Preaching? What about today?

Would you have listened to Noah Preaching? What about today?

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
(Matthew 24:36-39) “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.
(2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.
(2 Peter 3:3, 4) First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”
(Jude 17-19) As for you, beloved ones, call to mind the sayings that have been previously spoken by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, 18 how they used to say to you: “In the last time there will be ridiculers, following their own desires for ungodly things.” 19 These are the ones who cause divisions, animalistic men, not having spirituality.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005139?q=%22Are+We+Living+in+the+Last+Days%E2%80%9D&p=par

Are We Living in “the Last Days”?

Posted - January 1, 2017

Responses

i mightve
      January 1, 2017 2:51 PM MST

Thank you for your answer pearl. Do you know who are preaching about God's kingdom being the only hope for mankind today and how many of these preachers there are throughout the earth?

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/18539/who-are-there-preaching-in-all-the-earth-the-good-news-that-god/view/post_id/142763
      January 2, 2017 2:19 AM MST

I give below a good guiding principle in all situations.

Seek to see things as they really are, not just as they are claimed to be, portrayed as or appear to be.

Muslims are encouraged to do so and they pray for that insight too: In transliterated Arabic the prayer is "Allahumma arinil ushya'a kama hiya" In translation it is: Oh God, show me things as they really are.
      January 8, 2017 9:14 AM MST

I don't see how that answers the question?

From all the people blindly holding to their religions that kill and maim, I think that there are many praying to a war god that does not answer them. Perhaps they are part of the ones that "took no note" and think "all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning”?
      December 18, 2017 3:41 AM MST

My post was suggesting "a good guiding principle in all situations". We live in a world where we're exposed to all sorts of information. In an instant we can go from Noah, to the what's currently in the media, to what our pastors and peers are saying. We don't want to be reacting to all that. We need to know what the actual reality is and react to that.

December 18, 2017 7:37 AM MST

If you fail to see the parallels between Noah's day, the conditions prophesied for the last days, and our day as reflected in the news, the internet, and reality, what can I say?
      December 18, 2017 8:20 AM MST

They got tired of  "The End is Nigh"

and moved to new scares like "The Muslims are Coming!"

This post was edited by CLURT at December 18, 2017 11:44 AM MST
      December 18, 2017 11:43 AM MST

I am not that scared of Muslims around here. Perhaps in an Islamic country where freedoms are often trampled on I might be. They have made it difficult for them to bring bombs and such to airports and such since 9-11.
    Perhaps thinking that God will not act is why they often try to force things their way?
      December 18, 2017 5:52 PM MST

It's good that "They have made it difficult for them to bring bombs and such to airports and such since 9-11." I'm sure all the people in Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen and other places who have lost innocent members of their families, had their homes destroyed, been turned into refugees that nobody wants, also wish that they too could have made it difficult for their cities to be turned into rubble by superpower bombers.
      December 19, 2017 10:29 AM MST

That is sad. Most everyone thinks that God is on their side but that God will not act so they take it into their own hands to bomb, shoot, kill, maim, etc. 'They killed this guy, lets kill that guy' 'They killed that guy, lets kill this guy' 'Our military is stronger than theirs, lets take out their big guns, since we can, along with some collateral damage in innocents' 'Their military is stronger than ours, lets take out a bunch of civilians, since we can't take out their big guns'

(Romans 12:17-21) Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.

December 19, 2017 11:08 AM MST

"That is sad." >>> Very sad. The more of us that sign the 

Declaration of Peace @ https://worldbeyondwar.org/individual/ the better for the future of the world

December 19, 2017 12:46 PM MST

No, I don't think so. History has shown that man's peace treaty's and declarations of peace usually mean nothing to those signing them. God's Kingdom is the only hope for mankind. Most religions haven't even been able to bring peace among themselves so signing a paper want likely do any good.

(Jeremiah 10:23) I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.
    (Psalm 2:2) The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.
    (Daniel 2:44) “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,
      December 19, 2017 1:03 PM MST

I hear you

but I think that's negative and defeatist. Furthermore, I don't see any harm in people of all faiths and none signing the declaration therefore I beg to differ.
      December 19, 2017 3:09 PM MST

I sure won't try to stop them. For some, it may make a difference between them committing violence against perceived enemies but for most, if a rock flies in their direction, a mortar may be sent back, paper or no paper. 

Pretty sure you know more about the Israeli Palestinian conflict than I do. Haven't they signed peace treaties only to be broken by both parties?
      December 19, 2017 3:14 PM MST

If the argument for not signing onto something is that in the heat of the moment people will have no regard for what they have signed for then we might as well have no religion, because here too, humans being humans, they will, as history has repeatedly proved, have no regard for what their religions say. The same goes for constitutions, laws and rules designed to regulate human interactions.

There is no peace in the Palestine Israeli conflict because there is no incentive for the Israelis to have peace. Peace puts a brake on their expansion objectives. They have all the cards. They have the protection of the most powerful country on the planet. They get $10 Million in aid EVERY DAY from the US in preference to America's own homeless and destitute people. They get the US to pass any pro Israeli legislation they want. They have influential people in government who are dual citizens owing allegiance to Israel. The US has made Israel militarily the most powerful country in the Middle East and the only nuclear one. The Palestinians by contrast don't have a single leaky naval boat, rusty military tank or shaky propeller plane to defend themselves against such might. All this has helped the Zionist Jews to ethnically cleanse the land of the Muslims and Christians who had been living there for centuries, to make way for Jews from the rest of the world, who had never before set foot on Palestine. It is the clearest example of state terrorism and brutality in the world. The west is complacent if not complicit in this crime as reparation for their centuries long awful treatment of Jews. The Palestinian Muslims and Christians are paying an extremely heavy price for the past brutality of the west against the Jews.
      December 20, 2017 10:57 AM MST