Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trumps says all computer are unsafe. What about his incessant Tweets on Twitter? Are they unsafe/bogus/at risk too? Or is he special?

Trumps says all computer are unsafe. What about his incessant Tweets on Twitter? Are they unsafe/bogus/at risk too? Or is he special?

Posted - January 1, 2017

Responses

• It depends what he means by unsafe, but an Australian professor of IT, in a recently interview on ABC radio, said that already most computers can easily be hacked and that as with physical locks, as soon as security programs and methods are invented, hackers will always be able to find their way through them.
    He recommended that for all financial transactions with a bank, users should keep a separate dedicated email account so they cannot find their way through to a person's finances.
      January 1, 2017 10:36 AM MST

I do not do any financial stuff on the internet. I do not order on line. I do not trust what is out there spying on me. Than you for your reply hartfire and Happy New Year's Day Sunday 2017  to thee and thine! :)
      January 1, 2017 10:40 AM MST

• I agree, Rosie. I don't do anything financial via internet or phones. Amazing though, the pressure I've had from the bank to do so. Instead I defected to a Credit Union - much better in every aspect.
      January 2, 2017 5:24 PM MST

They do try to pressure you. My standard line is "if I did everything online I wouldn't have the pleasure of coming in to the bank and seeing you". That shuts them up temporarily! Happy Tuesday hartfire! :)
      January 3, 2017 5:26 AM MST

• bingo.

Locks and cyber security are very much alike in that they really only keep the good guys out.   No system is uncrackable and no lock is truly unpickable.   Someone will always find a way if they have enough intention and the only real purpose of any security is to slow them down enough to get caught doing it, or make them move on to an easier target.
      January 1, 2017 12:11 PM MST

The Servers that handle and store the information for most of Trumps real estate  business are running on outdated operating systems. If he is so concerned about computers not being safe he would of spend some money and upgrade them to help protect personal information that could be used for things like identity theft. But I don't think he cares about that and maybe he will find a way to have tax dollars pay for the upgrades. I think when he said computers are unsafe it was just a diversion to take attention away from the Russians. As far as twitter goes I'm sure he figures there's no threat and I bet he will start making tweets praising twitter for the high level of security on their computers (he won't know that he will just say it so people will think he can do no wrong). Cheers and happy New Year!
      January 1, 2017 11:56 AM MST

I didn't think of that. Of course he is attacking those who said that Russia was behind the hacks. He never shuts up. Living with him must be he**. Bet Melania wears earplugs all the time. Thank you for your thought and informative reply Nanoose and Happy Monday! :)
      January 2, 2017 8:02 AM MST

i dont see anything unsafe about computers
      January 1, 2017 2:38 PM MST

If you are on the internet anyone can invade your privacy. If you do banking on line they can get your account number or order goods on line and give out a credit card numb er hackers can get access to that and use your number to charge things that will be delivered to them, not you. Computer are not safe although some are probably safer than others. Thank you for your reply pearl.
      January 2, 2017 8:04 AM MST

• I guess he is special. 
      January 1, 2017 7:24 PM MST

That's a very cute bus. Does it really exist exactly like that or was it photoshopped/chopped? Thank you for your reply Jaimie and the nifty graphic and Happy Monday! :)
      January 2, 2017 8:06 AM MST