Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Thinking of the sandwich discussion yesterday.. here's something musical that sums up how I feel about it :P

Thinking of the sandwich discussion yesterday.. here's something musical that sums up how I feel about it :P

I truly cannot imagine the lack of imagination it takes to think that the height of a woman's skills lay in sandwich making lol.. and after I went to bed, this song popped into my head.. it says it all :P  If there are men who can only think of their wife as being useful for making sandwiches - they seriously need to consider making their own sandwiches and helping their wife discover more *useful* ways to spend her time :P

I make no secret of the fact I am pro-feminism, and I mean real feminism which concentrates on making things fair for men and women and which ultimately serves men as well as women, making the world a fairer place where all contribute and all get back what they need to be happy and fulfilled. In that vein I would also say.. I DONT make sandwiches, I hate it with a passion.. I make myself one each day and that's bad enough... daughter gets money so she can buy lunch lol... I DO cook and am reasonable at it, tho again I hate it with a passion... I worked for years in a catering environment, so yea I can cook - i just hate it and that's perhaps what feminism is about.. no one should be forced to do things they hate - or we should share the tasks we hate, assuming we have someone to share them with...  everyone should be a feminist cos it's ultimately in men's interests too :)

Posted - January 1, 2017

Responses