Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you think Napa State Hospital would fire you or admit you,

Do you think Napa State Hospital would fire you or admit you,

If you wore something really trashy to your job as a registered nurse  

Posted - January 2, 2017

Responses

I looked up Napa State Hospital. It is an asylum for the mentally deranged.

Trashy clothing have been a fad for a while now, so you would need to find something overboard to get yourself committed there (eg: black trashbags with strategic holes cut in them).
    I would not recommend it though.

But at least you would get fired, if that is what you want.
      January 2, 2017 12:47 PM MST

Oh, when I said "trashy", I was thinking more along the lines of slutty clothing. She would have to be out of touch with reality to present herself in this manner, especially in a professional hospital setting. She'd be in the right place to have her head examined.

PS - Admit not commit

This post was edited by ProblemCh1ld at January 2, 2017 4:44 PM MST
      January 2, 2017 4:38 PM MST

Actially "commited" is the proper word in that sort of hospital. Once the doctors commit you, you are no longer free to leave.

January 2, 2017 5:47 PM MST

Oh I know. I'm fully aware patients are prisoners of sorts.  I said it the way I did for a reason.  

Which reminds me of the song years ago that some radio stations banned because they thought it was making fun of the mentally ill. It was called "They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha Haa".  An unusual song but, oddly enough, people liked it and thought it was funny.  It hit the top 100, but not for long. 
      January 2, 2017 8:24 PM MST

both
      January 2, 2017 12:57 PM MST

I've already been admitted to 3 of those kind of hospitals and I don't see why I would not be admitted to that one.
      January 2, 2017 1:00 PM MST

I'm sure they have a free bed. Well it's not for FREE because you pay a pretty price I hear. 
      January 2, 2017 8:27 PM MST

they might do both depending on what you wrote
      January 2, 2017 1:35 PM MST