Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Do you think the war in Syria is going to get worse with Donald Trump as our next president elect, or will he have things under control?

Do you think the war in Syria is going to get worse with Donald Trump as our next president elect, or will he have things under control?

Posted - January 2, 2017

Responses

You tell me. He has no experience whatsoever in anything happening in this world. Aside from real estate.
      January 2, 2017 10:20 PM MST

I am going to remain hopeful that he doesn't make the matter worse. 
      January 2, 2017 10:21 PM MST

Wishful thinking on your part. As long as he has that twitter account, we all are screwed.
      January 2, 2017 10:39 PM MST

Haha oh dear god...
      January 2, 2017 10:41 PM MST

The day will come when wars will cease altogether. (Isaiah 2:4) regardless, and in spite of what world leaders think. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at January 3, 2017 12:18 AM MST
      January 3, 2017 12:00 AM MST

I really hope and pray for that.
      January 3, 2017 12:18 AM MST

Jesús Christ told his disciples to pray for God's kingdom. (Matthew 6:9)this kingdom that originates in the heavens will wipe out all human suffering and misery. That time is very close at hand. Keep praying ham solo, Jehovah God is the hearer of prayer. (psalm 65:2; proverbs 15:29)
      January 3, 2017 10:13 PM MST

As long as there is greed, there will be wars.
      January 3, 2017 9:53 AM MST

But there will not always be greed.
    (Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Proverbs 2:21, 22) For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.

(PS. Don't tell believers in the non-biblical rapture about these verses as they think that all of the upright will be taken to heaven and the wicked will remain on the earth and the earth will be burned up.)
      January 6, 2017 12:41 AM MST

As a non-believer, you may rest assured that I will not be preaching the Gospel to anyone.
      January 6, 2017 7:05 AM MST

i would hope not
      January 3, 2017 3:50 PM MST

"HAVE NO FEAR WHEN TRUMP IS HERE! "
      January 3, 2017 10:57 PM MST

Syria is currently too big of a cluster[bleep] for any US President to really effect a good solution. There are too many factions (including the United States) with too many contradictory agendas (ditto). There will only be bad or worse outcomes.

I don't believe Der Pumpkingfuhrer has special knowledge or special ability to broker a better solution than other US political figures.
      January 6, 2017 12:59 AM MST

Hello Old School.
    (Luke 21:25) “Also, there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation.

(The sea here represents the masses of wicked people)

(Isaiah 57:20, 21) “But the wicked are like the restless sea that cannot calm down, And its waters keep tossing up seaweed and mire. 21 There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.”

(Revelation 21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.
    (Revelation 17:15) He said to me: “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.

January 6, 2017 1:12 AM MST

@TX -- God (if He exists) has not previously stepped in and prevented previous seas of wicked people from obliterating each other (e.g. the two World Wars). I see no reason why He will intervene in this conflict.
      January 6, 2017 1:15 AM MST

I forgot that I have given you an article with the scriptures as to why God allows wickedness before and you scoffed at it so no reason to post the article again I suppose. People that understand and follow the scriptures didn't participate in the world wide murder you speak of but they understand why they happened. The proud and haughty cannot see nor understand. You might try humbly praying and reading the Bible instead of thinking you know what God would/will do and when.

If you have prayerfully and humbly read or studied the Bible, what are some things that have to happen before Armageddon?
      January 6, 2017 6:23 AM MST

@TX -- If the current butchery and atrocity in Syria (with its intractable geopolitical causes) is part of "God's plan", then God's an a-hole and he can go f*** himself.
      January 6, 2017 8:34 AM MST