Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » I have to say that I'm impressed with the Moderation of this site. Is it OK to give you a pat on the back ? Well done.

I have to say that I'm impressed with the Moderation of this site. Is it OK to give you a pat on the back ? Well done.

The new people don't care about the site and it's nothing but a spam house. I'm doing my best to bring some of the good members back here. Blurtit.com was once a great site. The owner just doesn't care. Whereas I sure see the difference here. Thank you for having me back.

Posted - January 3, 2017

Responses

• Once the management gets that 'i don't care' attitude and makes it obvious towards the members-- the site is gonna go down like it did with sodahead and the original answerbag etc. people will eventually start seeing thru the BS, and how they make such childish moves such as deleting the birth-day wish questions, and wanting more control themselves by getting rid of the mods (they were doing a fine job on blurtit)- stuff like this is very low!! blurtit is slowly digging its own grave- soon they'll be deleting questions and answers that they don't agree with making it a biased one sided site (its only the start of it-really)

As for myself, im getting pretty annoyed with blurtit because i've come up with some pretty harmless, cheeky answers to certain questions but some of them get deleted. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 15, 2017 8:37 PM MST
      January 3, 2017 3:09 PM MST

JA reminds me of the first moderator Peapod, LM and I had on a site about 10 years ago.  Brenda, the lady I'm talking about was just as helpful as JA is.  I really appreciate both of these ladies. 
      January 3, 2017 4:07 PM MST

JA definitely rates as well as our Brenda did.  Both level headed and fair.  That really can make or break a site.  
      January 3, 2017 8:10 PM MST

Like Like Like Like!!  Since we can't like more than once I did it myself.  ;)
    People like Brenda and JA are rare. 
      January 3, 2017 8:13 PM MST

• JA is a wonderful person from my experience of her here.
    She has at least 8 years full-time experience with running social sites and has seen what can happen to them when they are not properly monitored.
    The ToS was worked out based on the sum of that experience plus the opinions and preferences of the first aM members, periodically double checked and fine-tuned since then. It has proven to work very well.
    JA  has taken a huge risk investing in an IT team to write the program for this site and to launch it on its own independent platform.
    She's a single Mum who earns her living from this site (so she has a vested interest in making sure that it works successfully.) 
    Each time someone clicks on one of the cookies on these pages, she gets one cent. The cookies get less onerous it you "train" them by clicking the ones you like.
    To show my gratitude to JA. I click several times every time I visit aM. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 15, 2017 8:38 PM MST
      January 3, 2017 8:12 PM MST

• I'm not sure where you are getting the 8 years. I am under the impression that this is her first site as a mod or owner, and she only took this one on a little over a year ago. I first met her on AB a few years ago and she wasn't running or moderating a site at that time. Not to take anything away from her, but I think the 8 years is in error. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 9, 2017 8:38 AM MST
      January 8, 2017 8:38 AM MST

Any moderator that gets too chummy with some while ignoring or even attacking others is not a site I would ever participate in.  We all share ourselves here and I would never think to do it in a place where childish games where being played.

Stick around.  We may get silly here sometimes, but dumb drama is almost non existent here.
      January 3, 2017 8:14 PM MST

• The mds need to stay professional and not take sides or cause truble- that's how sites kill themselves. people eventually get fed up with the BS and childness.. there is no reason not to stick around this site- its in the top 3 best i've tried over the past couple of years. 
      January 9, 2017 6:36 AM MST

It's nice when the moderation isn't even an issue at all.  It's proven to be a good site and I was pretty turned off by the time I got here.  Glad I hung in.  
      January 9, 2017 3:09 PM MST

• this site is pretty good, it was a big turn off for me as well, like how it was for you but glad im giving this site a chance as well and its growing on me- one day i might have the same attitude towards this site like i did with Sodahead.. but there are still some flaws on here that annoy me such as how pictures and videos don't show on your profile or in the live feed if you've answered or asked a question with a pic or video in it- its just a blank space.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 16, 2017 9:27 AM MST
      January 15, 2017 9:05 PM MST

I would be a liar if I didn't tell you that I didn't miss the graphics that SH offered.  They had a winning format.  But all that cost a lot of money and what I do know about this site is coming out of the pockets of the owner.  I feel grateful that she has us all here in a place where she lets us express ourselves.  I guess I just try and always remember that.

I am glad you joined us here.  It will grow on you.
      January 16, 2017 9:30 AM MST

• Sodahead had the most beautiful format a site oculd have!! from its colour scheme, layout, features, navigation etc.. that site was perfect in every way.
      January 16, 2017 9:37 AM MST

• Hi Rooster :) good to see you here. I like the fact that this site isn't over moderated. People seem free to express themselves here. There may be some differences of opinions but everyone seems welcome to express them. You and Angela did an awesome job with the other site When you were working on it...But new mods seem to delete half of the shizit I say just cos I had the nerve to say they're doing a shizit job. I hope more people from blurtit will give this site a chance....May be a bit different from there...more personalities and differences of opinions ...but I think it's a good different....Cos I said so :)
      January 3, 2017 6:05 PM MST

• Hi Ya Lady ! Hope you had a good birthday!
      January 4, 2017 5:44 AM MST

I agree.  Compared with the other opinion site I'm on, that "moderatress" (and I use the term loosely) could take lessons from JA.
      January 3, 2017 7:48 PM MST

I can only say that I really like JA's way of moderation.  You would never know she was a moderator unless YOU need help.  And if you do, she never fails to answer your questions.  Any explanation I ever needed was well thought out and thorough.  She cares, but doesn't seem to let her ego get in the way.  I can't say that about Sodahead and some of the other sites I ever knew about.  

SA is correct that she is as good as our beloved Brenda was to us from our old site called Shine.  It's long gone, but it sure gave us a view of what good moderation looks like.  We rarely if ever had personal drama and the only thing that ever would have been removed there is if someone went on a personal attack.  Brenda had no favorites either, so no one there felt like the rules weren't "fair".  JA is also very much like this imho.

Always a pleasure to be here.
      January 3, 2017 8:08 PM MST

Exactly Peas.   This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at January 3, 2017 8:54 PM MST
      January 3, 2017 8:21 PM MST

I couldn't agree more. 
      January 4, 2017 9:59 AM MST

Glad you are here too.  :)
      January 4, 2017 10:34 AM MST

Thank you. :)
      January 5, 2017 8:25 AM MST

"Good members"? Here we go. *sigh* This post was edited by O-uknow at January 9, 2017 6:28 AM MST
      January 3, 2017 9:09 PM MST

Well the ship has landed. I am sure your will see many refuges from Blurtit ariving soon. Many of us are also refuges from Ask. I have not fully given up with Blurtit. There are far too many good people still there. Like many places there is a core group of folks (not of like minds I might add) who form a close knit community. 
      January 4, 2017 3:40 AM MST

• Good deal Ancient One!
      January 4, 2017 5:45 AM MST

• "I second the motion ... and welcome back."
      January 8, 2017 8:33 AM MST