Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » What's with all these fad diets and so called diet pills?

What's with all these fad diets and so called diet pills?

I have Hypothyroidism and gained weight but just try to eat proper food and exercise and I'm almost underweight. Why do people waste their time and money on these things?

Posted - January 4, 2017

Responses

• You need to establish the diets and medication you cite are ineffective.
      January 4, 2017 9:36 AM MST

• Not for me. You misunderstood. My diet is fine but what I meant was all these fad diets and pills people waste money on. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 4, 2017 11:38 AM MST
      January 4, 2017 11:38 AM MST

• Perhaps I was not clear. One cannot just say these "fad diets" and pills are a waste of money.  One must have evidence to support that contention.
      January 4, 2017 2:06 PM MST

• We have an annoying ad here in North Carolina for Newbionics that constantly runs. It claims for no exersize or lifestyle changes whatsoever. Pfff, yeah right. People don't want to work to be healthy. They just want to have the lazy way. I started walking about three miles a day and eating chicken, rice, and beans for many dinners. I've lost 20 pounds in the last few months. Real exersize and eating better really is the best way to go. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 4, 2017 11:39 AM MST
      January 4, 2017 9:44 AM MST

Because 99 percent of us do  NOT have hyperthyroidism.  And most diets actually do work.   I am living proof of that one.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 4, 2017 11:39 AM MST
      January 4, 2017 9:44 AM MST

• Most diets do work but do you need one of these "fad" diets or some so called pills to help?? I bet not.
      January 4, 2017 11:40 AM MST

• Most people don't stick with them or don't embrace the full aspects of them and fail.   So by slightly reworking them and rebranding them it plays on peoples  hopes of finding "the key".
      January 4, 2017 11:42 AM MST

cause they think it will work
      January 4, 2017 1:54 PM MST

All diet pills do is make money for the people who sell them if you eat less you will lose weight .there are no secret pills. if you take in more calories than you burn you will gain weight. watch what you eat, don't eat high calorie foods etc. stop having high calorie snacks .
      January 4, 2017 2:01 PM MST

• Exactly!
      January 4, 2017 2:35 PM MST

• It's all a scam that preys on people's insecurities 
      January 4, 2017 2:02 PM MST

• True!
      January 4, 2017 2:36 PM MST