Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Should we fact-check all religions to confirm their authenticity?

Should we fact-check all religions to confirm their authenticity?

Some religions need updating to fit the times and societies today. 

Posted - January 4, 2017

Responses

So your understanding of macro evolution is that all future descendants of a bird kind will always be a bird kind? My understanding is: [The teaching of macroevolution is built on the claim that mutations—random changes in the genetic code of plants and animals—can produce not only new species but also entirely new families of plants and animals.]
    Is that different than your understanding? This post was edited by texasescimo at January 8, 2017 8:03 AM MST
      January 8, 2017 7:58 AM MST

Not necessarily.  Birds evolved from the reptile species.  Evolutionary theory cannot predict what birds could evolve into.

That is why evolution is a theory and probably always will be
    However I could reasonably predict that some of your descendants may evolve into evolutionists because evolution IS progressive...

Just  a sec - you edited after I made above reply...

I'll leave my reply as is. Time to go learn more stuff about macroevolution. This post was edited by Kittigate at January 8, 2017 11:35 AM MST
      January 8, 2017 8:06 AM MST

Should we fact-check all religions to confirm their authenticity? Some religions need updating to fit the times and societies today.
    ====================================================================================

There is, of course, a limit to how much you can fact-check anything because we do not have all the absolute facts yet, and we do not know with absolute certainty that all the facts we know now are absolute facts, meaning that they will NEVER change. Moreover we don't know how many more facts remain to be discovered by us and what percentage they represent of the total number of facts in existence.

Anyway, having said that, before you adopt or change to a religion, or to atheism, you can and must fact-check it, at an individual level. Not doing so will leave you betraying yourself.

January 8, 2017 12:02 PM MST

• Haven't seen you around on aM fro a while.
    Good to see you back, Clurt. :)
      January 8, 2017 1:10 PM MST

TY HF Hope the year just started turns out better than the last one for all on this dot of a planet of ours in the vast scheme of things. Like the beautiful smile in your avatar.
      January 8, 2017 2:10 PM MST

What a laugh.   Is there more than  5 percent of any faith that can correctly even define what the tenets of their faith involve? Tell me there is a larger number of people who can even explain their religion and I won't believe it.

They are sheep that follow what mommy and daddy told them to pray to.  That is the usual status of those in church. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 8, 2017 12:05 PM MST
      January 8, 2017 12:04 PM MST