Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Is getting it on with an alien species "Captain Kirk style" really any different than bestiality? If so how?

Is getting it on with an alien species "Captain Kirk style" really any different than bestiality? If so how?

I say no.  Kirk was a real pervert and would sleep with your sexy pomeranian.

GROSS!!!

Posted - January 4, 2017

Responses

• I am making the assumption this was said in humour?  Only Kirk is my hero and I never saw him behave in an inappropriate way towards a female or member of any alien race. Indeed we saw that he took his duties and responsibilities so seriously that he passed up many an opportunity; so it was quite the reverse.. you wondered why he didn't more often....
      January 4, 2017 12:32 PM MST

• Partailly, but something I've pondered for as long as I been a Star trek fan which is most of my life.    There was a lot of bestiality going on in all the series. 
      January 4, 2017 2:08 PM MST

• I've been a trekie since I was a kid.. I loved it... would do anything to watch it... but was rarely allowed.. I still think it had much that was way ahead of it's time.  

Now I am NOT known for my innocence when it comes to matters sexual.. quite the reverse :P but are you sure we were watching the same episodes? LOL maybe you got episodes we didn't? Cos I never saw any bestiality!  I must have missed that :P
      January 4, 2017 2:12 PM MST

• He was always wooing females of alien species. He was a ladies man but rarely with a human.
      January 4, 2017 2:17 PM MST

• Wellll in his defence... it wouldn't be ethical to fraternise with the crew... see it was way ahead of its time.. and we all know it's not a good idea to have a fling/affair with a work colleague... SO what was he supposed to do?  And see although the myth is that we Brits are cynical.. I take the optimist view here.. He was just being charming :P  He may have flirted with them, charmed them but that was just to ease inter-galactic relations..

I maintain i saw nothing inappropriate and he remains my hero :P
      January 4, 2017 2:24 PM MST

• The best heroes still have flaws.   ;)
      January 4, 2017 2:33 PM MST

Lmao. Oh my. You just destroyed the hero'ness of Captain Kirk.

January 4, 2017 12:39 PM MST

• All the aliens Kirk had relationships with were sapient humaniods.
      January 4, 2017 1:57 PM MST

• Humaniods aren't human and not the same specie.   That's bestiality.
      January 4, 2017 2:06 PM MST

Spock was half-human, so that must mean some humans and alien races were "compatible". Maybe it is more like a horse and donkey situation.
      January 4, 2017 2:35 PM MST

• Wasn't that all explained in TNG?
      January 4, 2017 7:50 PM MST

Probably. I guess I should re-watch them all.
      January 4, 2017 8:00 PM MST

I suspect that the words we are using here to characterize what we are talking about need to be more specific to be useful.

Bestiality is defined as "sexual intercourse between a person and an animal."

Humanoid is defined as "a being resembling a human in its shape."

While an horse is as much an animal as we are, we understand what this definition of bestiality actually refers to.

And I can be classified as humanoid because in fact I am a human.

Help. Is there a biologist in the house? This post was edited by tom jackson at January 4, 2017 2:44 PM MST
      January 4, 2017 2:43 PM MST

• I'm just going to laugh  hahahaha!  I know right!?  Could NOT keep his hands off anyone!!
      January 4, 2017 7:45 PM MST