Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Anyone else been watching The Man in the High Castle series?

Anyone else been watching The Man in the High Castle series?

Posted - January 4, 2017

Responses

No. I don't have the Amazon Primes. Or do you see it by "other means"?

Although I was thinking of trying Amazon Primes for 30 days "free". However, I always fear it will be hard to "cancel" the account.

I want to try HBO NOW for 30 days so I can watch the latest season of GoT.

I have Netflix and Hulu right now. I'm putting Hulu "on hold" in a few days. 

What else? I mostly watch YouTube on my Roku. YOUTUBERS!!!!!!!!
      January 4, 2017 12:19 PM MST

• It's not hard to cancel at all really.   In fact you can stop the reenlisting option as soon as you sign up. 
    I didn't feel like messing around for this season so I just watched pirate streams on Kodi.   
      January 4, 2017 12:23 PM MST

Nah. I've seen Where Eagles Dare. Does it count anything?
      January 4, 2017 12:42 PM MST

• Good film.   Other than involving Nazi's though it's night and day.
      January 4, 2017 2:29 PM MST

I'll admit I don't know anything about the series. I associated from the image and first thought was Where Eagles Dare. :-)
      January 4, 2017 2:41 PM MST

• It's about an alternate reality where the Axis powers defeat the Allies and Imperial Japan and the Third Reich are in a Cold War instead of NATO and Warsaw. The Nazi's are  the more powerful of the two  since they get the Nukes first and Imperial Japan wants one to even the playing field.   There's also a Sci-fi element where some characters crossover to our reality and films about our reality get brought over to it.  The I Ching plays a role in that part.
      January 4, 2017 2:56 PM MST

Oh. I see. Thank you to bring me just a little on level. :-)
      January 4, 2017 3:07 PM MST

• You're welcome.   I tried to break it down without any spoilers. Maybe the first 15m of the first episode if that.
      January 4, 2017 3:13 PM MST

Very kind of you. Towards me, and not the least others that might be looking into the series. I'm not sure we have it here.
      January 4, 2017 3:17 PM MST

• It's on Amazon Prime.  Can find it on pirate streams too.
      January 4, 2017 3:18 PM MST

Ok.
      January 4, 2017 3:28 PM MST

Huh. Didn't know about the Japanese part of it. Interesting.
      January 4, 2017 3:23 PM MST

• Probably because of how it's advertised. Imperial Japan just doesn't have the ring of Nazi Third Reich and their emblems and symbols just aren't as attention grabbing and visually stunning as Swastikas and SS uniforms.
    I mean what would grab your interests and attention more.

The Statue of Liberty draped in an American flag with a Swastika replacing the stars  and Nazi Eagles, or the Imperial rising sun with some olive drab dressed soldiers?
      January 4, 2017 3:33 PM MST

True. The Nazis really knew how to use "branding". Plus I "heard" Hugo Boss designed their uniforms. Is that true? Who knows!

Although, the Japanese flag is eye-catching in its own way.
      January 4, 2017 3:40 PM MST

• Yes.   He was an active member in the NS party and was the supplier of SA and SS uniforms.

It is, but it just doesn't carry the same weight and have the same visceral reaction anymore.  Doesn't have as much of an ideology attached to it in the public consciousness.
      January 4, 2017 4:12 PM MST

no, i dont watch tv much, been more into the net
      January 4, 2017 1:36 PM MST

• I started watching it a couple days ago
      January 4, 2017 1:56 PM MST

• You liking it?

January 4, 2017 2:28 PM MST

Not me.
      January 4, 2017 3:58 PM MST