Salt and Red Pepper
President Mayhem vs. Sharonna
Femalefan
SapphicHeart
Lulu'sMom
Mountain Man
johnnyRingo
Didge
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » What's the main difference between English and American movies?

What's the main difference between English and American movies?

I have chosen clips from from two actors that, could be considered representatives of their respective countries: Hugh Grant and Arnold  Schwarzenegger.

That's my impression, what's yours?

This is the English clip.

And the American.

• In that case, I recommend the original 'The Ladykillers' from 1955 as I assume you will have seen the Tom Hanks remake from 2004.  

If you like that you might like to explore other Ealing comedies, notable of which are 'The Man In The White Suit', 'The Lavender Hill Mob'and 'Passport To Pimlico'.  :)
    0

• 2775
    Yes, I have watched The Lady Killers. 
    Thank you for the recommendations,
    I promise I will check each and everyone of those.
    0

• 2775
    I watched the original Bedazzled today and I have to say that although the idea was the same, they were two very different movies. 
    I liked this scene . 
    0

• I find it to be mildly infuriating humour, but I think that's the point of the plot.  :)
    0

• 485
    The humour. Accents? Haha
    0

• 946
    Michael Caine was asked this question by an American TV interviewer. He said, "In America you make movies; in Britain we make talkies." It seemed appropriate.
    0

• 9634
    Yay! You're back again. I'm happy. Make your stay longer this time. Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaasse...
    0

• 946
    Thanks, SH. Appreciate the welcome. :) 
    1

• 9634
    I'm just happy to see you back again. Can't wait to see you post again. :-)
    0

• 946
    You're kinder than I deserve. I'll soon work up some enthusiasm. (It's Easter Sunday in Oz today. My car is about to rise from the dead. Just waiting on a taxi to go pick it up from the smash repair shop. Back later on.) 
    1

• 9634
    Nah, just missed you around. :-)
    0