Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » What's the main difference between English and American movies?

What's the main difference between English and American movies?

I have chosen clips from from two actors that, could be considered representatives of their respective countries: Hugh Grant and Arnold  Schwarzenegger.

That's my impression, what's yours?

This is the English clip.

And the American.

Posted - January 4, 2017

Responses

• In that case, I recommend the original 'The Ladykillers' from 1955 as I assume you will have seen the Tom Hanks remake from 2004.  

If you like that you might like to explore other Ealing comedies, notable of which are 'The Man In The White Suit', 'The Lavender Hill Mob'and 'Passport To Pimlico'.  :)
      January 8, 2017 1:13 PM MST

• Yes, I have watched The Lady Killers. 
    Thank you for the recommendations,
    I promise I will check each and everyone of those.
      January 8, 2017 1:53 PM MST

• I watched the original Bedazzled today and I have to say that although the idea was the same, they were two very different movies. 
    I liked this scene . 
      January 16, 2017 4:01 AM MST

• I find it to be mildly infuriating humour, but I think that's the point of the plot.  :)
      January 16, 2017 12:22 PM MST

The humour. Accents? Haha
      January 5, 2017 12:06 AM MST

• Michael Caine was asked this question by an American TV interviewer. He said, "In America you make movies; in Britain we make talkies." It seemed appropriate.
      January 5, 2017 9:03 AM MST

Yay! You're back again. I'm happy. Make your stay longer this time. Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaasse...
      January 5, 2017 11:28 AM MST

• Thanks, SH. Appreciate the welcome. :) 
      January 5, 2017 1:33 PM MST

I'm just happy to see you back again. Can't wait to see you post again. :-)
      January 5, 2017 2:01 PM MST

• You're kinder than I deserve. I'll soon work up some enthusiasm. (It's Easter Sunday in Oz today. My car is about to rise from the dead. Just waiting on a taxi to go pick it up from the smash repair shop. Back later on.) 
      January 5, 2017 2:25 PM MST

Nah, just missed you around. :-)
      January 5, 2017 2:26 PM MST