Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Is there anyways to get one of my neighbors to shut up once in a while?

Is there anyways to get one of my neighbors to shut up once in a while?

she is literally talking almost nonstop to anything that moves. I cant even get 5 minutes to myself. Im in school and havent been able to do homework at home because of her. I cant read in my apartment cause i hear loud talking constantly, my other neighbors are knocking on her door 100 times a day, literally, the mailman is always delivering packages to her door, makes me wonder why so many? i wonder if shes not t selling or buying drugs. cant really prove it but ive wondered. she is so hyper. fans and earplugs are worthless with her around. shes that loud.  any suggestions? i cant even have 5 minutes to myself at all. i thought of talking to management about it but im afraid it'll get worse if she knows i complained about it. i dont think its fair for me to be forced to listen to that all that long every day. bad enough im already listening to construction going on outside, dont need her on top of it. any suggestions before it totally drives me nuts?

Posted - January 4, 2017

Responses

• I wouldn't think twice about telling the manager about it ! I'm sure others already have ! A decent manager sure wouldn't say who complained. Go talk to them and get some peace or..........
      January 4, 2017 2:53 PM MST

Write her a polite, but firm letter.
      January 4, 2017 4:40 PM MST

If you want to take matters into your own hands and shut her up, I didn't see anything.
    I'll tell 'em somebody else did it.
      January 5, 2017 3:33 AM MST

You could always move. It doesn't seem like you're very happy living there. 
      January 5, 2017 3:48 AM MST

not that easy to move when youre out of work, unless i moved to another hud housing
      January 5, 2017 9:54 AM MST

• Is it an apartment? Maybe you can ask to be relocated to a different area.
      January 5, 2017 10:07 AM MST

its hard to just move when youre out of work and this is hud housing
      January 5, 2017 10:45 AM MST

• Not sure I understand. You live in a house or apartment?
      January 5, 2017 11:02 AM MST

apartment
      January 5, 2017 3:44 PM MST

• Why can't you switch apartments? I've had horrible and similar situations in hotels, just ask for a new room (as it were).
      January 5, 2017 3:49 PM MST

i think theyre all filled
      January 5, 2017 3:54 PM MST

• Well, if you ask mgt, they might want to know why. You can be all apologetic about it, not wanting to make waves and all, then tell them the reason.
      January 5, 2017 4:05 PM MST

im afraid if i tell then she'll do it even more cause she knows i dont like it now
      January 5, 2017 4:26 PM MST

Maybe you should place a call and start the ball moving for relocating. If you don't want to say anything to her or the manager, and if you don't want to call the cops, you're only other alternative is to accept the fact it's going to be loud there. 

January 6, 2017 2:06 AM MST

Pearl, I worked in an office for many years. We sat in cubicles and I  could hear every conversation, every phone ringing, people walking back and forth all day, every day. Yet, somehow I manged to produce a large volume of work that required intense concentration and so did all of my coworkers. The more you obsess about your neighbor's noise, the bigger an issue it becomes. Don't use this an excuse for not doing your homework. I also live in an apartment and I know that there will always be neighbors going about their lives. Unless it's keeping me up at night, I just let it go.
      January 5, 2017 9:25 PM MST