Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Did you ever have those "watercolor books"? They had dots of dried watercolor paint on the page and you just needed a wet brush to "paint".

Did you ever have those "watercolor books"? They had dots of dried watercolor paint on the page and you just needed a wet brush to "paint".

#stuff

Posted - January 4, 2017

Responses

• I was terrible at those. I'd get way too much waters on the brush and all the color would run all over in a faded mess.   I'd dry them out and make my mother hang the warped pastel purple blob hovering over Man-at-Arms fighting off Beastman and Triclops on the fridge.
      January 4, 2017 6:34 PM MST

January 4, 2017 6:35 PM MST

• That is one happy Skeletor.    I guess he really likes chess.
      January 4, 2017 6:40 PM MST

• If those were around today it would be Minecraft.  Everything is Minecraft.
      January 4, 2017 6:43 PM MST

I really don't know much about that. It looks like some kind of Sim City with pixelated Legos.

Guess I'm olde.
      January 4, 2017 7:21 PM MST

• I just know every toy my cousins and nephew owns has minecraft or pokemon on it.

Even the Legos have to be Minecraft.   Which makes no sense.   Minecraft looks like graphics made with Legos so then the Legos have to be themed to look like the video game that looks like it's made out of Legos.
      January 4, 2017 7:26 PM MST

• My son has Minecraft Lego...bought by yours truly  LMAO!!
      January 7, 2017 1:33 AM MST

• Love the Skeletor though!
      January 4, 2017 7:19 PM MST

• Same!
      January 4, 2017 7:20 PM MST

• Yes, those were terrible!
      January 4, 2017 7:19 PM MST

Yes! Another real blast from the past! Jeez, our parents had it so easy, didn't they? Give us some water and a paint brush and we'd be entertained for hours. Then, slap a scratch n sniff sticker on it, another good 30 minutes of fun!
      January 4, 2017 10:01 PM MST

Yes, I remember them from childhood.  
      January 5, 2017 6:03 PM MST

Never seen that type of water-colour books but I remember paint-by-numbers pictures. In fact I think harder versions, and using colour pens rather than paint, were a short-lived craze for adults last year.

I was once given a marquetry-by-numbers set! I still have the finished picture, of a fish leaping out of the water to catch a fly. And no, the insect is not an anatomically-correct image carefully crafted lovingly from umpteen microscopic slivers of wood. It is only about one-eight inch or so across, so represented by a small square of veneer. 
      January 13, 2017 4:10 PM MST