Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Charles Manson in the Hospital at 82. Why haven't we ever just executed that sick turd? All these years our taxes have paid for his care.

Charles Manson in the Hospital at 82. Why haven't we ever just executed that sick turd? All these years our taxes have paid for his care.

Why don't they just give him an injection and rid the world of this creep? Now we're paying for his hospital care too? Who cares?

Posted - January 5, 2017

Responses

• I gotta confess, Rooster, I'm no fan of the death penalty ... but I'm no fan of monosters, either. Put him in the chair and I'd be happy to throw the switch.

(Nice to see you here.) 
      January 5, 2017 8:54 AM MST

• Hi Didge ! Trying to get some ideas on format here also.
      January 5, 2017 9:18 AM MST

How many innocent people are you willing to sacrifice in order to get the emotional satisfaction of seeing Charles Manson executed?

http://www.innocenceproject.org/all-cases/#exonerated-by-dna

January 5, 2017 8:59 AM MST

• He sure isn't innocent as he bragged about it !
      January 5, 2017 9:18 AM MST

@Rooster -- I don't deny Manson's guilt. What I DO deny is that everyone who is criminally convicted is actually guilty.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-cost-of-convicting-the-innocent/2015/07/24/260fc3a2-1aae-11e5-93b7-5eddc056ad8a_story.html

Putting innocent people in prison for crimes they didn't commit is tragic. Putting innocent people to death for crimes they didn't commit is unconscionable.

I will GLADLY put up my tiny increment of tax money to sustain Mr. Manson in prison in order to spare the lives of innocents.

Note: as a technical matter, Manson's death penalty sentence was commuted when California (temporarily) abolished the death penalty in 1972. While criminal courts can grant clemency on past convictions, they cannot impose harsher sentences after the fact (i.e. if someone is sentenced to 10 years in prison, they cannot have their prison sentenced increased to 20 years because the legal penalty changed). Hence, Manson cannot legally have the death penalty imposed upon him unless he commits another crime. This post was edited by OldSchoolTheSKOSlives at January 5, 2017 9:30 AM MST
      January 5, 2017 9:23 AM MST

Hello R:

I dunno..  Killing somebody is just NOT a good way to tell people that they shouldn't kill somebody.. 

excon
      January 5, 2017 9:07 AM MST

• I guess so but he's such a monster. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 5, 2017 9:33 AM MST
      January 5, 2017 9:16 AM MST

Hello again, R:

If it's any consolation, medical care in prison SUCKS.

excon
      January 5, 2017 9:41 AM MST

Well, believe it or not, it is far more beneficial to STUDY these sickwads and learn why they are sickwads to further prevent other sickwads from taking root, if possible.  That is what justifies his life, not some sick perversion to end it.  He is the killer, not us.  

He is not happy in that cell, trust me.   He just sits there most of the time stewing.   I don't mind paying for it. 
      January 5, 2017 9:45 AM MST

i think killing is too easy, he needs to rot in jail
      January 5, 2017 2:40 PM MST

I feel the way you do.
      January 5, 2017 3:31 PM MST