Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Santa Claus is a bad guy. He encourages kids to ask for things they don't earn/work for. Welfare handouts. Encourages lazy doesn't it?

Santa Claus is a bad guy. He encourages kids to ask for things they don't earn/work for. Welfare handouts. Encourages lazy doesn't it?

Posted - January 5, 2017

Responses

I agree. PLUS, if you're bad you still get a free source of heat! RIDICULOUS!!

#CancelChristmas2017
      January 5, 2017 7:13 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Mr. B and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      January 6, 2017 3:33 AM MST

• They are earned by being good and the pure need of some.
      January 5, 2017 7:36 AM MST

So only good people get presents then? Thank you for your reply Swoop and Happy Friday! :)
      January 6, 2017 3:32 AM MST

I think he also uses elf slave labor.  How shameful :-( This post was edited by Livvie at January 6, 2017 3:27 AM MST
      January 5, 2017 1:51 PM MST

We've fixed that problem over here in Aus, we've turned the country into a nanny state. So Santa & his crony's have a shelf life, as the vocal minority tell us that Christmas offends some races, see problem solved, no more handouts for lazy kids. 
      January 5, 2017 10:59 PM MST

Apologies to thee BD but could you explain what you mean by a "nanny state"? I have heard the expression before but I don't really understand what it means. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to you! :)
      January 11, 2017 6:22 AM MST

Happy to Rosie, Nanny State means, the government regarded as overprotective or as interfering unduly with personal choice, in this case it's the federal government so it's a Nanny Country, & you have a great day as well.  

January 12, 2017 3:43 AM MST

Very cute Liv! Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to you m'dear! :)
      January 6, 2017 3:28 AM MST

i get stuff like foodstamps and medicaid, if people would just stop being lazy about hiring me and actually hire me and keep me then i wouldnt have needed them
      January 5, 2017 2:37 PM MST

You've been trying to get a job as long as I've known you Pearl.  It is hard for me to understand why you haven't been able to get on SSID.  Have to been to an attorney who does nothing but Social Security work?  
      January 5, 2017 5:29 PM MST

Are you trained/educated for specific jobs pearl? Do you have a track record/resume that potential employers can refer to for recommendation about how good an employee you were? What kind of work do you enjoy doing? Thank you for your reply!:)
      January 6, 2017 3:30 AM MST

Of course, that's why we should all pass out Ayn Rand X-mas Cards...;-D...

http://www.alternet.org/culture/happy-selfish-christmas-21-ayn-rand-holiday-cards
      January 5, 2017 6:06 PM MST

Oy vey! Ayn Rand? Oy vey! Mahalo for your reply OS and Happy Friday!   :)
      January 6, 2017 3:31 AM MST

January 6, 2017 8:31 AM MST

Oh, poor baby. Your still all but hurt. You demo losers need to stop crying, you have your headquarters flooded with all your cry baby tears.
    You don't like us using the crap you used and abused and will continue to abuse do you?
    Yeah, I am of course talking about California and hypocrisy respectively. Get over it already, move on.
      January 11, 2017 12:38 AM MST

???  This is off-the-wall AND totally irrelevant to the question I asked OY OY MOI. Your problem with California and Californians is irrational/irrelevant/absurd/childish/petulant/vitriolic/obdurate/insolent/out of place. Old School is not a Californian so what the he** are you talking about?Your hatred is fine with me since the hater is always the one impacted by the hatred. Your insides are infected with it and it will ultimately destroy you. Hatred such as yours grows and soon there is no room left for anything else. Perhaps you are already there. These are the tracks you choose to leave behind you. I can't imagine why you would want others to see this. This is what you are however. If you're happy with it so be it. Different strokes.
      January 11, 2017 6:20 AM MST

Wow OS! This is very powerful. I have never seen it before. Mahalo for contributing it to this thread. There are some who would choose neither and they'd be far better off than those who get sucked up into the vortex of "greed is good" and feel so pompously superior! It's funny how many get sucked into the absurd/ridiculous. Take Scientology for example. A cult no different from the cult of Ayn Rand. Finding a way to justify and celebrate evil and doing all the very bad things you wanna do in the name of something they lust after and exalt. Justifying greed is bullsh**! Some religious folks say  God wants us to be rich and there is nothing wrong with it and they preach that CRAP from the pulpits . To which I say bullsh**!   SIGH
      January 11, 2017 6:11 AM MST

It's a way for parents to blackmail their kids. Be good, or Santa won't bring you any presents.

It always confused me when I was little - rich naughty kids still got more and better presents than good poor kids.
      January 6, 2017 3:59 AM MST

You were very astute and observant m'dear. Exactly! The fantasy did not live up to the reality.  The fantasy that only good kids got presents and bad kids didn't.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 11, 2017 6:06 AM MST

Santa is a bad guy because after he is through with my paycheck, there is little left for me.   So, it's time he gave back a little.  A very little.  Compared to what he plunders, what is given in return is a paltry sum.
      January 6, 2017 8:35 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharonna and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 11, 2017 6:04 AM MST

It certainly promotes a greedy attitude. I went to the store on December 26th, and heard a young mother struggling with her small son who was having a tantrum because he wanted more toys, when the day before he had already received many gifts. It reminds me of my early upbringing. 
      January 6, 2017 10:14 PM MST

Precisely Autumn. I have seen kids complain because there were no more presents to open and say "is that all there is?". Spoiled bratty kids grow up to be spoiled bratty adults. And so it goes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday m'dear! :)
      January 11, 2017 6:02 AM MST