Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » At one time people COMPLAINED about PET questions.. Now, we're overwhelmed with SEX questions.. Did I pick the wrong site??

At one time people COMPLAINED about PET questions.. Now, we're overwhelmed with SEX questions.. Did I pick the wrong site??

Hello:

First off, I LIKE sex talk..  But, I LIKE politics too.  Secondarily, DON'T tell me that I can't SEE sex questions splashed all over my feed.

excon

Posted - January 5, 2017

Responses

If you're in the adult network, you should probably leave it then... That's the quickest way to get rid of adult questions. If you aren't in the adult network and you see it, please report it and I'll remove it.

And, to address the other issue you mentioned, the last time you were seeing content from the lesbians group, I had previously told the members that their content would not be public and I tested it. So, I think it's only natural that those people would say "no, you aren't seeing it from us," because you shouldn't have been. Their surprise and disbelief was to be expected because they took me at my word and I mistakenly believed the content was locked down. Continuing the banter about it isn't helpful in the least, but if you have an axe to grind, please come grind it with me because that issue was my fault. I corrected it as soon as I knew it existed.

If you need help leaving the adult network, please let me know and I can manually remove you. You can also filter your feed to just Q&A, so you can avoid the adult content except for instances when you intentionally seek it out.
      January 5, 2017 8:06 AM MST

Hello JA:

I am NOT a member of ANY group.  I may have ventured into the adult group months ago to check it out, but I soon quit, and deleted my membership from that group.  I can't find a place that LISTS my groups, or I would try to delete my membership again.  It's not under the Group category.

However, it's NOT the sex questions that annoy me..  It's the attack on POLITICAL questions.  It's true - I haven't seen an attack in a while, but that's because I think the last attack was effective.

excon
      January 5, 2017 8:23 AM MST

The adult content works differently here than it did on the other site. It's a general opt-in to the subnetwork, which unlocks all the adult content at once- dozens of adult groups. You don't have to be a member of a specific group to see it in your feed once you're in the subnetwork.

There was a HUGE learning curve with this when we migrated and people were getting miffed that they couldn't find the adult content, so I manually went in and added every person who had previously been an adultMug member to our adult subnetwork and then posted a notice on the home page that I had done this. I don't know if you were in that batch, but it sounds like you must have been because otherwise you'd probably know how to get out of it. I took the liberty of removing you from the adult subnetwork just now because it sounds like this is what you wanted, but if I'm mistaken, please shoot me an email and I'll add you back in. You should not see any adult content at all now.

As for the attacks on prolific questions, yes, I know what you mean. My stance on this has been for people to ask more of the questions they like to create diversity or adapt their feed to suit- everyone has the ability to adjust settings on their home page activity feeds and, although it's not an imperfect system, it's usually enough. There's enough room here for everyone- whether they're here for smut, politics, witty banter, or something else. Hopefully the  tools we have in place are enough for people to customize and tailor their experiences. If not, we'll try to adapt them, but I don't think it should come down to admonishing or silencing anyone. 
      January 5, 2017 9:47 AM MST

Hello again, JA:

Thanks..  I don get no sex, so I don need to read about it.

excon This post was edited by excon at January 5, 2017 10:11 AM MST
      January 5, 2017 9:55 AM MST

Thank you. 
      January 9, 2017 4:22 AM MST

I can't see sex questions splashed all over MY feed.    So, I don't know what site you are tuned into.  I do, however, see a bunch of political questions as per usual.

SO, how about some political sex questions.   Like maybe we can post some naked pics of Melania on here since there are none of Hillary that I can recall.
      January 5, 2017 9:49 AM MST

i dont see questions like that myself
      January 5, 2017 2:33 PM MST

• I have seen a few posted to the main area that weren't from a group as well. 
      January 9, 2017 4:27 AM MST

I have too. I think they were primarily by new members. I have on a few occasions told new members about adultMug as an alternative forum to post questions that were challenging TOS because of their sexual content. However, some sexual questions have been asked in a manner that made them as suitable on the main board as any other question. It's all about the tone and aim. A sexual question doesn't by definition have to be perverted, creepy or anything that alike. IMO. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 9, 2017 4:51 AM MST
      January 9, 2017 4:34 AM MST

• That is true and some of the ones I saw were not suitable for the main page as per ToS. One, was from an established member who should have known better. I am in no way a prude, but a lot of people don't care to see that when they come here. The ONLY reason I un-joined the Adult Network is because I didn't care to see posts from some of the fetish groups. It's a shame because I do like adult conversation sometimes, but just didn't care for the fetishes. That's one big thing I wish that could be fixed, I wish we could just see the things from the groups we join. That's just my opinion though. :)
      January 9, 2017 4:55 AM MST

Haven't looked up the filters lately. I'm not aware if we can filter only to join our own groups, but I believe we can. Anyway, TOS should as such be respected by any member. I can understand new members will have the need of some time to get familiar with this place. Older members however should be aware of what can be asked in the main area, and what not. Finally there is the feedback and report option if we feel something is violating TOS strongly.
      January 9, 2017 5:03 AM MST

• I don't think you can filter things from the adult network, that wasn't an option a few months ago. If we can filter out what we don't want to see, I'd be glad to re-join. I did use the feedback button to report the last one I saw. I know there have been some improvements, and some more on the way, so I'll just be patient. :)
      January 9, 2017 5:09 AM MST

Best thing to do. And yus, patience will bring us a long way. I think we could create our own news feed on our homepage, and there it would be possible to add only the groups we liked to see. But again, I am not sure.
      January 9, 2017 5:21 AM MST

• That would be great. There's a LOT of stuff on there I get tired of seeing over and over again. :)
      January 9, 2017 7:10 AM MST

Mhmm. It might at times however not always be the topic alone, but also how it's asked.
      January 9, 2017 7:20 AM MST

• That's very point on. 
      January 9, 2017 7:25 AM MST

Mhmm. :-)
      January 9, 2017 7:26 AM MST

I haven't seen any post from your side, WW inside the main room that I found to be out of line, but you're also one of those who do use the adultMug and Free-for-all for the more sexual explicit questions. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 9, 2017 1:35 PM MST
      January 9, 2017 8:11 AM MST

Yus. :-)
      January 9, 2017 8:18 AM MST

• Tongue-n-Cheek is fine with me, it makes me laugh.  I wasn't referring to anything you have ever posted. I'd rejoin the Adult Network IF I could filter out which groups I DON'T want to see. I just don't care to see some of the posts from the fetish groups. I have a sense of humor that boldly crosses the line of juvenile, so adult conversations are in my wheelhouse, just not on the main page. Your posts mostly just crack me up. 
      January 9, 2017 1:34 PM MST

• I adore you!! Always remember that. :)
      January 10, 2017 2:55 AM MST

Why don't you open your own site
      January 9, 2017 8:20 AM MST