Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Menfolk: Is there an unwritten man code that says you don't look at or talk to other men in the locker room?

Menfolk: Is there an unwritten man code that says you don't look at or talk to other men in the locker room?

Posted - January 5, 2017

Responses

Hi JA, although this question is meant for menfolk, I just remembered what Trump said in locker room and how all hell broke loose after he did what he did;))
      January 5, 2017 3:34 PM MST

• Maybe after the naked group hug.
      January 5, 2017 3:45 PM MST

• I think the code applies when they get naked. At least for me. I never understood guys that seem to make it a.point to.want to.talk when they are naked. If it's a passing thing I usually respond, if they want to actually talk, I try to sorta slide away politely, or tell them that I can wait till they get dressed. Do women do that in their lockers? Im not trying to be a.prude, but I think it is strange for a guy to start talking to me with nothing but his hands on his hips.
      January 5, 2017 4:10 PM MST

Only when we are using the toilet or showering. Locker room is OK.
      January 5, 2017 4:28 PM MST

• WW is gonna have a field day with this question.
      January 5, 2017 4:36 PM MST

LOL IKR??
      January 5, 2017 5:07 PM MST

• college lol gif laughing gif
      January 5, 2017 6:48 PM MST

• If you're half naked and I'm half naked, I want nothing to do with you until we both have clothes on. I'll respectfully respond if spoken to but I'll never initiate the communication. That's my code.
      January 5, 2017 4:55 PM MST

• Of course not. Back in my triathlon days I used to run every lunch time and shared a public shower with a variety of runners, triathletes and lunch-time footballers. There was always lots of conversation. Nudity isn't a hang-up.

Funniest incident was the day I lost a contact lens in the shower and had all the guys using the other showers crawling about the wet floor looking for it, backsides all pointed skyward. Wish I'd had a camera. 
      January 5, 2017 5:22 PM MST

LMAO 
    *Best Story Ever*
      January 6, 2017 9:44 AM MST

• I'm not a guy ....But I do work with mostly men. I don't know much about locker room stuff, but they always tell me which guys go in stalls to pee and once's who hug the urinals too very close annnnd ones who check out what other guys bring to the party at urinals... I don't know why they like to well me this stuff. But they do. Guys are weird as'
      January 5, 2017 5:47 PM MST

Locker rooms: No rules, but you may get knucled if you say something ironic or negative :)

Public restrooms: dont look, Dont say anything, mind your own business.
      January 5, 2017 7:26 PM MST