thundercatmartin
Mountain Man
Didge
TrumpianZeitgeist
Lesterbowie
Plingsby
WelbyQuentin
Just Asking
Mr. Bromide
Beans/SilentGeneration
ALF
Lulu'sMom
SapphicHeart
StuBtheABRefugee
Ozgirl 256
JBopine
bhwilson
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Remembering back to before your marriage or current relationship (or absence of one,) who was the partner you loved most?

Remembering back to before your marriage or current relationship (or absence of one,) who was the partner you loved most?

What was he or she like?

What were the qualities you most appreciated about him or her>

• 4266
    ive never been lucky enough to have one, noone's been interested in me, not sure why
    0

• 2335
    Do you get out and socialise?
    Are you a member of classes, clubs or a spiritual group which share similar activities and interests?
    Looking back over my life, I believe it really helps to be proactive when looking for a life partner.
    If you're in a place where you can frequently meet the same people, it gives you a chance to get to know each other.
    0

• 3687
    I never had a longtime relationship before I met Mrs Didge. A few dates, a few short time girlfriends, but nothing I'd call a relationship. I remember a couple of them fondly but she's been my constant since 1958.
    2

• 2335
    Sounds like she is the one you have loved most! :)
    What are the qualities you most appreciate about her?
    0

• 3687
    She laughs at my jokes. :) 
    1

• 2335
    Humour goes a long way towards a successful marriage. Congratulations.
    Actually, in your case, that probably means it would have worked out well no matter who you married. 
    1

• 3687
    I'm not about to repeat that out loud. We're a pretty good team. 
    0

• 10863
    I liked each one for different reasons and I liked them all the same.  I am not a favorites kind of girl.
    1

• 2335
    How about love as well as liking?
    Would you ever settle down with one person?
    Or do you prefer being independent?
    0

• 684
    Before my BFF there was no one else, not really.  My concept of Love was very different then.
    1

• 2335
    What are the qualities you like best about your BFF?
    What was your concept of love before, and how is it different now?
    0

• 1101
    I've had only one partner until now, neither of us are disatisfied with each other,I hope we remain together all our life;))
    2

• 2335
    I feel very happy for you.
    What do you do and how do you communicate that makes it works so well?
    0

• 1101
    I am into teaching, I dunno,most Indian marriages are stable, maybe because marrige is considered very sacred and couples do their best to make it a success, families of both  sides are involved,they too play a vital role in keeping the couple together, maybe Indians  are still orthodox in their belief in marriage, because even in this era, step children,step father,step mother is very uncommon, you know hartfire,all this might seem strange to western society but that's how India still is;))
    0

• 3050
    That he went away. LMAO Seriously, though, the ones that stick around always become irritating, don't they? When a relationship never gets a chance to develop into mutual disdain because it ends prematurely, it can remain unblemished for eternity. *sighs*
    1

• 2335
    Ari and I have achieved a good rapport. He's my best friend and, after 35 years, knows me better than anyone else.
    Yes, we have mutually irritating habits, but we've managed to find ways of modifying them or keeping them out of each other's way - mostly. Some things just need acceptance. We have blemishes and flaws, but not disdain.
    Getting to this point has taken a huge amount of work over the years, and its still a work in progress.

I hope you find someone with whom you can create the kind of relationship that fulfils your needs for love.
    You seem like a great person to me, JA, so surely it can't be too far away.
    2

• 3050
    Thank you. :) 
    You guys make an adorable couple.
    1

• 2335
    Thank you.
    We're not so adorable when we trip up and occasionally fall back into old ways.
    Then we have the silliest arguments that sound like a pair of three year olds having a temper tantrum.
    We have been thinking about developing it into a comedy act to perform at the local Cabaret 360 in mid-Winter this year. This post was edited by Zenobia at January 16, 2017 7:14 PM MST
    1

• 1149
    I didn't have anyone before all of that.
    0

• 2335
    What do you like best about the person you have now? This post was edited by Zenobia at January 16, 2017 7:15 PM MST
    0

• 93
    Nobody. I'm just hoping after this relationship is completely done, I can find someone new.
    0

• The one I just foolishly gave up.
    0

• 1981
    The man I am with now, without a doubt.  
    1