Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Urine Therapy, medically sound or just gross?

Urine Therapy, medically sound or just gross?

I have a neighbor that is what some may consider, a little eccentric. He talks about conspiracies and teas and things that you grow in a jar by feeding then sugary water. He has been talking about urine therapy lately. Looking into it, basically to find arguments with which to refute his own, I was actually surprised about how old and widespread this thing is. 
So, would you drink your own if convinced of his curative powers? 

Posted - January 6, 2017

Responses

I have heard all the "benefits" of it and I couldn't do it. Nothing would help me overcome the yuck factor. 
      January 7, 2017 1:39 AM MST

• I know right? 
    I've heard of it before but had no idea how big it was until I decided to look into it.
    Does that mean you tried it????
    Come on you can tell. )
      January 10, 2017 8:52 AM MST

A healthy persons urine is sterile. It won't do you any good, but nor will it harm you. You should look at the medical use of faeces. Surprisingly, it is a valid treatment.
    www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/08/human-poo-pumped-through-a-patients-nose-used-as-superbug-medicine
      January 7, 2017 8:28 AM MST

I don't care.  It smells rotten.   This is the body's waste and it is like any other waste product.   It is not useful at ALL.   Maybe you can use it to kill germs on a wound if you are desperate, but still it is caustic.  It has salts in it and it is pure garbage, sterile or not. Like sweat.
      January 7, 2017 8:40 AM MST

It IS medically valid, like it or not!
      January 13, 2017 9:40 AM MST

• Feces???
    You're going hard core on that one.
    That definitely gives "facial mud treatment" a whole new connotation.
    Looking at the tittle for that link, ill have to take your word for it. 
    Thanks HD
      January 10, 2017 8:55 AM MST

it does sound gross to be honest
      January 7, 2017 2:54 PM MST

• Ha, yes it does.
      January 10, 2017 8:56 AM MST

• Oh I dunno, Pearl. A couple of glasses of a robust Chardonnay might be just the thing to help us all cross this shadowy Rubicon.
      January 11, 2017 2:25 AM MST