ALF
DaydreambelieverTrumpDisbeliever
Ozgirl 256
SapphicHeart
thundercatmartin
Lesterbowie
timothysknickers
Livvie
Mountain Man
Didge
MorningStar
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Urine Therapy, medically sound or just gross?

Urine Therapy, medically sound or just gross?

I have a neighbor that is what some may consider, a little eccentric. He talks about conspiracies and teas and things that you grow in a jar by feeding then sugary water. He has been talking about urine therapy lately. Looking into it, basically to find arguments with which to refute his own, I was actually surprised about how old and widespread this thing is. 
So, would you drink your own if convinced of his curative powers? 

• 1496
    And in light of this bombshell I'm toying with the thought that your recent occulator purchasing was a trifle rash, no?
    0

• 3046
    I have heard all the "benefits" of it and I couldn't do it. Nothing would help me overcome the yuck factor. 
    1

• 3450
    I know right? 
    I've heard of it before but had no idea how big it was until I decided to look into it.
    Does that mean you tried it????
    Come on you can tell. )
    0

• 330
    A healthy persons urine is sterile. It won't do you any good, but nor will it harm you. You should look at the medical use of faeces. Surprisingly, it is a valid treatment.
    www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/08/human-poo-pumped-through-a-patients-nose-used-as-superbug-medicine
    1

• 10855
    I don't care.  It smells rotten.   This is the body's waste and it is like any other waste product.   It is not useful at ALL.   Maybe you can use it to kill germs on a wound if you are desperate, but still it is caustic.  It has salts in it and it is pure garbage, sterile or not. Like sweat.
    1

• 330
    It IS medically valid, like it or not!
    0

• 3450
    Feces???
    You're going hard core on that one.
    That definitely gives "facial mud treatment" a whole new connotation.
    Looking at the tittle for that link, ill have to take your word for it. 
    Thanks HD
    0

• 4220
    it does sound gross to be honest
    0

• 3450
    Ha, yes it does.
    0

• 1496
    Oh I dunno, Pearl. A couple of glasses of a robust Chardonnay might be just the thing to help us all cross this shadowy Rubicon.
    0