Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are natural disasters evidence that God is cruel?

Are natural disasters evidence that God is cruel?

Since the true God hates cruelty, why does he allow natural disasters to take innocent lives?

Posted - January 7, 2017

Responses

i think its the devil that does the natural disasters, not god
      January 7, 2017 4:25 PM MST

I swat a mosquito. Am I cruel? 
      January 7, 2017 5:44 PM MST

Says somewhere in Genesis 'God cursed the ground ' at the time when Adam supposedly sinned by disobedience to God -and allowing sin, suffering and death to enter the world for mankind as well as all species.
    Cursing the ground then allowed for natural disasters to happen after God created everything in perfection so therefore it appears God deliberately added to more  of suffering for mankind and every living species. 

Did Adam actually sin? Did he know difference between right and wrong before eating from the tree of knowledge?  How would he have known it was sin to disobey God? This post was edited by Kittigate at January 8, 2017 12:15 PM MST
      January 7, 2017 7:18 PM MST

"Did Adam actually sin? Did he know difference between right and wrong before eating from the tree of knowledge?  How would he have known it was sin to disobey God?" have been my questions to Christians. The answers from their Bible seem to be No, No and Not possible.
      January 8, 2017 12:14 PM MST

I am expecting some Shrewd replies. 
      January 8, 2017 12:45 PM MST

ha ha ha 
      January 8, 2017 2:04 PM MST

Are natural disasters evidence that God is cruel? Since the true God hates cruelty, why does he allow natural disasters to take innocent lives?
    =======================================================================================

Natural "disasters" are nature taking its course. If the barrel of fruit you bought eventually starts rotting has God been cruel to you?
      January 8, 2017 12:18 PM MST

Job 34:10 "so listen to me, you men of understanding: it is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, for the almighty to do wrong." God is love and not capable of wrong doing. After the great floodl of Noah's time the bible explains that the curse imposed on the ground when Adam and eve sinned and thus rebelled, was lifted. "And jehovah began to smell a pleasing aroma. So jehovah said in his heart: "never again will i curse the ground on man's account, for the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up; and never again will i strike down every living thing as I have done. From now on, the earth will never cease to have seed sowing, and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, and day and night." (Genesis 8:21.22) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at January 8, 2017 10:31 PM MST
      January 8, 2017 10:30 PM MST

God created the whole universe and the laws of nature (Genesis 1:1). Most natural disasters are a result of these laws at work. Hurricanes, typhoons, and tornados are the results of divergent weather patterns colliding. Earthquakes are the result of the earth’s plate structure shifting. A tsunami is caused by an underwater earthquake.
      January 14, 2017 10:31 AM MST

I have no idea wtf God is thinking when natural disasters happen.
      January 14, 2017 10:33 AM MST