Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » When you want to cook something very special for someone you love, what dishes will you choose?

When you want to cook something very special for someone you love, what dishes will you choose?

It might be for the birthday of your spouse, a child or a parent,
or it might be for a friend or two coming to visit.

Posted - January 7, 2017

Responses

• LOL I despise cooking and  I have no friends :P  Seriously I do hate cooking, I admire those who love to cook.. my neigbour does.. she is always having people round, family, Sunday lunch and all that..  It's my worse nightmare :P  

I can cook, I do cook, i just moan about it and would rather not... 

My kids always ask me to make a birthday cake on their birthday...  not sure that counts ... the only cooking I dont mind toooo much is cakes.. 

Apart from that I do love to watch cookery programmes, I collect recipes lol I just don't COOK them :P  

If I were to cook for me I'd make cauliflower cheese but no one else in my house likes it :(
      January 7, 2017 4:05 PM MST

Beautiful dishes like my neighbors have.  Yes I noticed, glad you made an opening for me to share that. 
    Every time I see those dishes it warms my heart.  Love in action.  :  )
    This post was edited by . at January 7, 2017 5:45 PM MST
      January 7, 2017 4:07 PM MST

• I do all the cooking at Chez Didge but I make no claim to doing anything special. If I want to do something really nice for Mrs Didge I take her out for dinner.
      January 7, 2017 4:12 PM MST

• I can't cook at all :/ but I'm an excellent order-in-er-er. And I bought a new oven last month so I'm good at heating  things up to. Anyway, special occasions we going out to eat :) cos I said so.
      January 7, 2017 5:42 PM MST

A pizza, beers and maybe dessert(cheesecake?). I don't bring out the heavy artilery until a few dates later.
      January 7, 2017 5:45 PM MST

Home made chicken pot pie. My family likes it. 
      January 7, 2017 5:47 PM MST