Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Why do they make annoying wax paper holding the cereal in cereal box so you can't pull open the corner edges to make a hole for pouring?

Why do they make annoying wax paper holding the cereal in cereal box so you can't pull open the corner edges to make a hole for pouring?

Most all other cereal you can pull the corner edges open but no I had to grab a pair of scissors. A tool! Natures Promise raisin bran wax paper nightmare!

Posted - January 7, 2017

Responses

not sure why, maybe they just like to annoy people
      January 7, 2017 4:20 PM MST

• Probably to ensure freshness because wax paper is more impermeable to moisture than cardboard.
    Wax coated paper can compost down, whereas plastic never degrades and becomes a problem in the environment.

January 7, 2017 4:30 PM MST

•  Great idea!

January 8, 2017 12:42 PM MST

terrible stuff that
    which cannot be opened
    no matter what we seem to do.
      January 7, 2017 4:33 PM MST

Having been a mechanic and motorcycle racer in the past, I have a very powerful two finger grip that allows me to easily open those damn cereal wax paper envelopes. 
      January 7, 2017 4:58 PM MST

Very good point.  I have designed the bag to be more user friendly.  
    If they pay me, the design is theirs. 
      January 7, 2017 7:17 PM MST

• Hahaha is that taking a discounted sticker item and putting on a standard price item..if the price is righ t than it OK?
      January 8, 2017 12:44 PM MST

I like when the bag is stuck to the bottom of the box so I can give it a yank, bottom tears open and cereal falls out. Then I can do same with another box dump all into one box, close the top and get two boxes of cereal for the price of one. 

Grocery shopping can be fun!
      January 8, 2017 9:46 AM MST

• Hahaha is that taking a discounted sticker item and putting on a standard price item..j?
      January 8, 2017 12:41 PM MST

Would be I guess but stuff is mostly scanned now so you have to be innovative to get stuff at a discount now.
      January 8, 2017 12:50 PM MST

• I thought that too so bullshitters will be bullshitters!
      January 8, 2017 1:18 PM MST

I often struggle with that too!  Isn't that annoying?  Grrrr....
      January 8, 2017 11:57 AM MST