Thebigd
SapphicHeart
Red Steele
RosieG
Lulu'sMom
Beans
ProblemCh1ld
JaneS
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » How often do you return to the Mothership?

How often do you return to the Mothership?

Responses

I AM the Mother ship!
      January 8, 2017 3:59 PM MST

So we should all be reporting to you, huh?  Are you sure you want that responsibility"  I am mean look at this group around here.  LOL
      January 8, 2017 4:03 PM MST

hahahaha good point!
      January 8, 2017 4:49 PM MST

Oh my brotha.  

I beam myself back once in awhile.   Must always maintain the Mothership Connection

January 8, 2017 4:02 PM MST

I have never been to the ESPN campus in Bristol, CT.

http://herculodge.typepad.com/herculodge/2010/10/today-dan-patrick-said-he-explains-why-he-left-the-mothership-espn-in-a-new-book.html
      January 8, 2017 4:10 PM MST

I am no longer welcome on the Mothership.
      January 8, 2017 4:41 PM MST

Me either. I made a pass at her and she called Security. 

~
      January 9, 2017 8:04 AM MST

PLOT SPOILER!!! Close Encounters of the Third Kind!!

I may return to it but I won't allow the movie cameras to follow me in and show the inside of the Mother Ship -- like they did in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind - The Special Edition." And ruined a great movie.
    :)

I like the original version of the movie --  just showing Richard Dreyfuss walking in to the ship.
      January 8, 2017 5:17 PM MST

OK.  If I confess something shameful here will you promise to show me mercy and not ridicule me?  I have never seen that movie.  I KNOW.  I KNOW.  Just calm down.  LOL!
      January 9, 2017 10:45 AM MST

No worries, WingedWonder. Ha!
    If you do happen to watch it, I highly recommend watching the original version, not the version touted as "The Special Edition." But I am unsure if the original version is still out there. I like the movie.
    It features one of John Williams' best original scores in my opinion.
    The title of this track is only a quasi-plot spoiler to the movie. But listening to the soundtrack over time, this is the track that I always remember the strongest.
    I swear it was called "The Abduction of Barry," but everything I saw in youtube was called "Barry's Kidnapping." "Abduction" sounds more poetic to me, somehow.

If you get about six minutes sometime, maybe give this a listen. I listened to it again just now and this particular music sounds like that of one of my favorite composers, Krzysztof Penderecki.

oh - - if I'm thinking correctly, Williams was up for an Oscar for Best Original Score to a Film that year for "Close Encounters" but he lost to himself. He was also nominated that same year for "Star Wars" and he won for "Star Wars." I still believe his music for "Close Encounters" is better than his music for "Star Wars." But they're both very different types of movies --  how does one pick a winner? (I've thought that a lot about awards shows.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 9, 2017 12:00 PM MST
      January 9, 2017 11:27 AM MST

I was listening intently, at 52 seconds in I happened to quickly glance at Gils "My *brotha"
    dancers just as the "BOOM" hit.  I jumped like spit on a hot skillet.  hahahaha
    It scared me.  
      January 9, 2017 11:36 AM MST

Ha!

I could see that happening to me, too, Sunshine! That bit of music is startling and I have a HUGE startle reaction to sudden and loud noises.
      January 9, 2017 11:38 AM MST

I love John William's works too,  but If I were pressed to name a favorite, I would have to choose the Superman Theme, hands down.  I just love it.  It always makes me so happy and when I stand in front of the mirror wearing tights and a cape it really helps set the mood to have it playing.  LOL!  Of course the man can truly do no wrong with any of his compositions.

January 9, 2017 12:02 PM MST

In front of a mirror in tights and a cape! Exactly what mood are you creating? Ha!
    But who am I to talk - - when you wrote, "Of course, the man can truly do no wrong . . . " I thought at first you were talking about handsome Christopher Reeve. Ha!

That was fun to listen to as I was typing.

I have another friend. He's a Williams' fan and he has always has said that he finds Williams' entire score to "Superman" as his best.

Just for fun I'm going to post another Williams favorite of mine -- the opening theme to "Catch Me If You Can" that plays over some of the best opening credits ever. Williams' music here is small and quiet -- he's so equated with big and heroic most of the time (to me).

I'm talking again too much and completely off-topic of your question.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 9, 2017 1:39 PM MST
      January 9, 2017 1:27 PM MST

I like that piece.  There's something familiar about it but I'm not sure what.  If I think of it I'll let you know.  Here's another of his I've always enjoyed.  Loved the movie too.

January 9, 2017 1:39 PM MST

I've only seen this movie once, so I enjoyed listening to the music you posted. Thanks!
    My favorite actress Veronica Cartwright is in that movie -- and, of course, I think she's the best part of the movie and I think she steals the movie from the huge-big-name stars. A small role as I remember --  a minister's wife. And she has a gut-renching, throwing-up-cherries scene.

January 9, 2017 2:58 PM MST

From Mothership...

January 8, 2017 5:19 PM MST

I never tire of that song.
      January 9, 2017 11:28 AM MST

No Stairway; denied!
      January 9, 2017 1:45 PM MST

Oomph.

January 9, 2017 2:45 PM MST

I return to the mothership every night to give the Dark Overlord of the Universe my report.  

I'll tell him something good about you : - )

That way he won't give you that look.

January 8, 2017 5:32 PM MST

JENNING!!!!!!!
      January 8, 2017 5:38 PM MST

Tell them I've gone out of my way to adapt a lifestyle which is conducive to non proliferation of the species down here.  Having a good time at it too!  LOL!
      January 9, 2017 10:49 AM MST

I think they forgot about me. It's been a while now..
      January 8, 2017 6:58 PM MST