Rooster
Natasha Saphique
Lulu'sMom
iamlonelyallthetime
Salt and Red Pepper
SpunkySenior
Ritesh
Didge
Plingsby
2Pink1s
CLURT
SA (SuperA)  :)
thunder-wright
Gatorblu
TomThumb
walabby
thundercatmartin
Happy2BeHere2
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What adventurous thing have you done or would like to do at least once in your lifetime?

What adventurous thing have you done or would like to do at least once in your lifetime?

I'd like to swim with sharks.

• 5027
    There is this Island halfway between South Africa and South America with only 200 something people that want's to hire people to help update it's farming practices.   It sounds like heaven on Earth and kinda want to move there.
    0

• 2765
    What's the name???
    0

• 5027
    Tristan da Cunha.  It's a weeks trip to any mainland and it's considered the worlds most remote inhabited Island.  They grow potatoes and raise cattle.
    0

• 5027
    I'd like to go to Alaska someday and also to S.A. jungle for an ayahuasca ritual too.
    0

• 2814
    Walk around Chicago's south side at night.
    1

• 2765
    That's very funny,
    I think I'd rather go bunjie jumping than doing that.
    0

• 2765
    Can you just show up and live there?
    I wonder.
    0

• 954
    I would like to see Angkor Wat, but I will never go there. Seems like a infested jungle to me. Maybe if they could just air lift me in for the day and then take me away.
    2

• 2765
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind going there myself. 
    0

• 2649
    I've done lots of things.  The list is too long to name.  I've been swimming with dolphins, jumped out of an airplane skydiving, and hiked across lava fields.  I even dated a girl for a short period of time (some adventures are scary).  Next up, a ride in a hot air balloon.  I've always wanted to. Can't wait. 
    2

• 1192
    Did the skydiving and hot air balloon things.  You'll like the balloon. 
    1

• 1093
    You did what?!

1

• 2649
    It was during a strange phase of my youth when I experimented with heterosexuality.  Turns out it just wasn't for me.  Imagine that.  Also I really hated disappointing all my fanboys so it was doomed from the start..  LOL!  She and I are still very good friends though.
    1

• 2765
    Oh wow, Mr Wonder, that's very impressive.
    I think it is amazing the things thAt you learn people have done which you had no idea about, you know?
    And you talk to them everyday.
    Thanks W. This post was edited by Lago at January 10, 2017 7:43 AM MST
    0

• 10604
    I met God.  That had to be up there with the big moments.

This post was edited by President Mayhem vs. Sharonna at January 9, 2017 11:31 AM MST
    0

• 805
    Once I spent 3 days living with the Vancouver Island Goat People. There squatters that live in the Old growth forests in Deep Bay and Bowser and raise goats and grow pot. It would be like going to the Amazon jungle and living with the natives that had very little contact with the outside World. Not many city folk have met them and lived to tell about it. Original they were draft dodgers and some of them still think Nixon is looking for them so there pretty paranoid. Cheers!
    0

• 2765
    Never heard of them, had to look it up. 
    That's very interesting, were they all white people?. I read there's a lot of native folk living up there.
    0

• 805
    Well they are all white but I think there native at heart because they have a lot of similar believes like sprits living in trees and streams and stuff like that. There is a small Island across from my Island called Lasquiti it was also first inhabited by American draft dodgers it's a nice Island to visit. Cheers!
    1

• 901
    When I turned 60 I decided to learn to fly hang gliders. Didn't go on with it but had some fun experiences. 

On one occasion I landed in a paddock in which a lone bull stood grazing and there I was strapped into a technicolour kite and no way to get free of it and over the fence before he reached me. But he just kept on chewing. It was almost disappointing. Spoiled the end of the story. 
    1

• 2765
    I always wanted to do that Mr D, never have tho. Actually anything to do with flying or at least controlled falling, has always called.my attention. Disappointing? That's funny.
    0

• 901
    Thanks, Lago. I had an earlier disappointment, back in 1988.

I was swimming at Green Island, off the Great Barrier Reef. It was mid-winter which means squat that far north but only two of us were in the water -- a German tourist and myself. At one point Herr Tourist swam across and said, "Do you want to see a really big shark?" I had to think about that but I figured there were so many fish available for his seafood breakfast that he couldn't be hungry, and if he was bloody-minded I couldn't beat him to the shore anyway, so we went looking. And, yes, it was disappointing when we couldn't find him. But we found some giant rays. A very memorable day. 
    0

• 2765
    Well D, 
    It's dificult to Deny an invitation in a situation like that, it is sort of MAN-datory to comply.  What are you going to say? "No, it's ok, ill just stay back with the children"  Do you know what I mean? 
    That does sound like a good day! 
    1

• 901

My thoughts, almost word for word. :D

What amazed me is that there was nobody else in the water. They'd rather have stood on the jetty or paid to go down in the underwater viewing space than actually to get in the water and experience it. 

1

• 3297
    i dont like to do anything adventurous, id rather stay safe
    2