Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » have you ever made your own firecrackers or fireworks?

have you ever made your own firecrackers or fireworks?

A little Visco fuse and black powder and we have a party.

Posted - January 9, 2017

Responses

Beggin' your pardon, but are you INSANE?

Don't talk about this shit on here.  It is going to get erased anyway.  So, this is too dangerous a subject.  We have idiots aplenty all over the net.  Don't encourage this.
      January 9, 2017 12:31 PM MST

• If idiots blow themselves up that's on them, not me or anyone else.

( it's just a question for crying out loud.)
      January 9, 2017 12:45 PM MST

You know what?   You give people too much credit.  You think, if they cannot figure out the obvious, screw them.   You and I are living in a land that chose TRUMP for godsakes.  Don't give them any reason to entertain thoughts of how to tell their friends how to make a bomb.   And they get to have guns down here and booze too.  Yeeeeeehaaaaaahaaaahaa
      January 9, 2017 12:49 PM MST

• Firecrackers and bombs are different animals.   I didn't tell them how.  Didn't tell them to do it.  Nor did I tell them to break the law.  fact is homemade firecrackers are legal under federal law and if anyone was to try it I would suggest they learn what they are doing and check all applicable local and state laws. What is illegal under Federal Law is to transfer, store( outside of an Earthen or concrete blast bunker of certain guidelines, or transport homemade fireworks.   If I am in an area without any local laws against it.  I can make a small rocket and blast it off.  What is illegal is if I hand it to you or let you light the fuse or store inside my house for later, or transport it in a vehicle.

I have no sympathy for victims of their own stupidity or their outcomes of social Darwinism.

Just because I ask if someone has done it, doesn't mean I am suggesting they do or admitting that I have done so myself.  There is however people who do this as a legal hobby and I find that interesting.  Your assumption that I am teaching people how or telling them to do so is like saying that Asking people if they ever slept with someone they just met is encouraging them to contract an STD.
    Anyone who want's to make a bomb knows how to based on what they learned in HS.   It's not like it's information that is beyond most anyone or isn't readily available at the library or interwebs.   It's pretty basic stuff.

My question isn't doing anything wrong.  For all you or I know someone here has a pyrotechnics permit
      January 9, 2017 1:07 PM MST

Beggin' your pardon, but are you INSANE?

Don't talk about this shit on here.  It is going to get erased anyway.  So, this is too dangerous a subject.  We have idiots aplenty all over the net.  Don't encourage this.
      January 9, 2017 12:31 PM MST

• Yes I am insane.   Everyone knows that by now.
      January 9, 2017 1:17 PM MST

• Go on ...
      January 9, 2017 12:51 PM MST

• Is this true? How did I miss that. You are an inspiration. There's nothing I can say, is there   )
      January 9, 2017 1:07 PM MST

• No but I'd love to, just to show how insane I am
      January 9, 2017 12:52 PM MST

• I discussed on a forum once the legality of this type of thing in the UK and it seems very confusing.  Not sure if you can or can't exactly, but I do know your regulations in general are less restrictive than ours in some areas and much more in other areas.

If i remember correctly there was something about needing lots of permits to buy and store black powder in the UK, but one can legally make some for experimentation under a certain amount.

Don't do it,unless you have someone to tell you how and what the legalities are.
      January 9, 2017 1:16 PM MST

• Alright I won't.
      January 10, 2017 3:51 AM MST

• Yes. One such item was a spent whippet filled with black powder. This was an ill considered idea, fortunately no one was injured.  I also made firecrackers with black powder wrapped in paper folded up as a paper football.
      January 9, 2017 2:34 PM MST

no, i hate those things, i almost got hit with one once and had to move fast cause it was coming right at me
      January 11, 2017 10:46 AM MST