Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Have you ever had to call a repairman because you broke something?

Have you ever had to call a repairman because you broke something?

I had the DTV guy here because I unplugged everything and couldn't put it back together again. lol

Posted - January 9, 2017

Responses

• Back in the 1980s before computers put an end to traditional telecommunications, I sneezed while drinking a cup of coffee and killed my teleprinter. When the technician came out he took one look and said, "What happened to this? so I explained that it looked thirsty so I shared my coffee with it. He said, "Most people don't admit that." It wouldn't have done any good to say anything else; he'd have spotted the cause in an instant. 
      January 9, 2017 3:55 PM MST

Nice job!

Yep, sure I have. I felt like a complete dunce, but haven't made that mistake again since. We have to learn somehow, right ;)
      January 9, 2017 3:56 PM MST

That is how I learned to fix things.  I did it myself.
      January 9, 2017 4:22 PM MST

i live in an apartment building so i just call maintenance if something breaks
      January 9, 2017 4:54 PM MST

• Oh yeah ! I've broken a couple of faucets over the years and I ain't worth a darn as a plumber, so I've had to call guys out before. 

January 9, 2017 6:10 PM MST

Yes but usually I have to buy a new one. 
    But I did do something like that once with a Satellite we were hooking up. We could not get signal. We finally gave up and called the installer. There was one cord not hooked up.
      January 9, 2017 8:22 PM MST