Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think you will cry tomorrow during Obama's fair well speech?

Do you think you will cry tomorrow during Obama's fair well speech?

I might shed a few tears but mostly because it also means Trumps presidency effectively starts this week. Going to be an interesting week some of trumps cabinet picks will be on capital hill for confirmation hearings, And Trump will hold a press conference to discuss possible conflicts of interest  and the Russian hacking. Cheers!

Posted - January 9, 2017

Responses

• I thought you canadian? Really? No offence intended,  but we are fine here.  
      January 9, 2017 7:38 PM MST

(farewell)

fare·well
    ˌferˈwel/
    exclamation
    exclamation: farewell
    used to express good wishes on parting.
    "farewell, Albert!"
    synonyms: goodbye, so long, bye, bye-bye, see you (later), cheers; More
    adieu, au revoir, ciao, adios, sayonara;
    bon voyage;
    informal,toodle-oo
    "farewell, New York"
    noun
    noun: farewell; plural noun: farewells
    an act of parting or of marking someone's departure.
    "the dinner had been arranged as a farewell"
    parting good wishes.
    "he had come on the pretext of bidding her farewell"
    synonyms: goodbye, valediction, adieu; More
    leave-taking, parting, departure;
    send-off
    "an emotional farewell"
    Origin

late Middle English: from the imperative of fare + the adverb well1.
    Translate farewell to
    Use over time for: farewell
      January 9, 2017 9:13 PM MST

• Lol :) you're such an azz ( ass ) 
      January 9, 2017 9:16 PM MST

Well thats not answering the question at all and it seems funny that picking out mistakes is all you usually have to offer. PS I meant  funny strange not funny ha ha.
      January 9, 2017 10:44 PM MST

You beat me to it.  I wouldn't have been nearly as thorough though.  Good job!
      January 9, 2017 11:46 PM MST

i probably wont get to see it since i dont have my tv hooked up
      January 9, 2017 9:16 PM MST

Well just go to Wallmart and watch it Obama gives great speeches and I bet this one will be something to remember for the rest of your life. Cheers!
      January 9, 2017 10:57 PM MST

I'm running a pool, how many times will Obama use the pronoun I?  How many times will he blame republicans? How many times will he tell us the world is in better shape now?  How many lies?
      January 10, 2017 7:55 PM MST

• I doubt I even watch it.    I just don't care about such things really.
      January 9, 2017 9:25 PM MST

I probably won't cry. I'm not really a crier. I think I will be optimistic about his future. He still still too young to retire, so I sure he has plans for the rest of his career. That's exciting! Where can you go after being at the top?
       I think I will celebrate and think about the years he was president. I think they were rebuilding years, after the financial crisis. I think he did getting the country back on track. Much has happened in the world, since 9/11. The world hasn't been the same since. I will just say farewell and write him a letter. 
      January 9, 2017 9:51 PM MST

He is still a young man but I'm hoping he retires and relaxes on a beach for the rest of his life he certainly deserves it. If you do write him a letter maybe mention that Nanoose from Canada says Hi.  Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at January 9, 2017 11:24 PM MST
      January 9, 2017 11:10 PM MST

• I will not watch the speech or swearing in.
      January 9, 2017 10:05 PM MST

Buh Bye...now leave... and let Americans work to straighten out the mess you made of this country.
    We don't need your kind of help. 
      January 9, 2017 11:27 PM MST

• It's quite possible I may cry tomorrow, but if it's during the speech, it'll simply be coincidence.
      January 9, 2017 11:51 PM MST

It's more likely that I will be hit by a meteor tomorrow than I tune in to listen to Barry.  I haven't heard his voice in years. 
      January 9, 2017 11:58 PM MST

My tears will be tears of joy that he is leaving. 
      January 10, 2017 7:48 PM MST

Thank You 
      January 10, 2017 9:48 PM MST

Tomorrow is today and I'm not crying.
      January 10, 2017 7:51 PM MST

I will not be crying. AI will not be watching it. I busy with the company I work for. My family. Have no interest in him and his past. 
      January 10, 2017 7:57 PM MST

There no one in the government who you can look up too? There is no credit of role models. I not being rude. I have no interest and no desire to watch any of the government events. I try of the drama that goes on each day with them. 
      January 10, 2017 9:47 PM MST

• Been weeping for 8 years, tomorrow it stops.
      January 10, 2017 9:50 PM MST