Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you placed yourself in suspended animation to be revived in the future trusting it to be better than the present would you have any regre

If you placed yourself in suspended animation to be revived in the future trusting it to be better than the present would you have any regre

ts if things were worse? Not only for making a bad gamble but for also taking yourself out of a world in which you could have made a difference?

Posted - January 9, 2017

Responses

• Probably. 

That kind of suspended animation would have to be done while the subject was quite young. When we wakened in a new era it would take years to catch up on all the changes and knowledge that had become available while we were Rip-Van-Winkelling and only a reasonably young person would have the time to assimilate it all.
      January 9, 2017 8:05 PM MST

If you are thinking rationally. Methink it irrational to do it in the first place if all you have is faith in the future but I bet plenty of people not so young will try it. The future may not be a straight line towards progress. In fact we know it is not.
      January 9, 2017 8:10 PM MST

• True enough. Me? I'm just too darned old to consider it, but once upon a time...
      January 9, 2017 8:25 PM MST

• I don't think I would... I took an uber other night and the idiot driver asked me my age ... Then he said " you're never gonna be as good as you are now" I didn't much like that at all. I don't know if I read question correctly but I've decided I just wants  time stand still cos that one driver made me feel like I'm all down hill from here.... I HATE HIM SO MUCH. 
      January 9, 2017 8:21 PM MST

• He was clearly too young to know better, Jaimie. There are still plenty of hills to climb. The only restriction is the kind we place on ourselves. Uber-drivers are not renowned for their sensitivity. 
      January 9, 2017 8:27 PM MST

• I know :) thank you Didge  ....that hurt my feeling though and I didn't like when he said that.... I am very comfortable with who I am and didn't like that said :/ 
      January 9, 2017 8:30 PM MST

i dont think theres any ways of doing that
      January 9, 2017 9:15 PM MST