Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Does intuition really does come from the gut?

Does intuition really does come from the gut?

Oops how can I edit my question?

Does intuition (or gut feelings) really come from the gut?

Posted - January 9, 2017

Responses

• It probably comes from the subconscious. We have a sudden thought, often a very good one, and wonder where it came from. It may be that we've heard or seen something without really noticing it, but it registered on our subconscious at the time. It may be a long forgotten memory,

Of course, acting intuitively may be entirely the wrong thing to do because when we don't quite understand our motivation we could leap in the wrong direction.

That's just a thought. I really don't know.  
      January 9, 2017 11:47 PM MST

Everything is connected in ways man has not discovered yet.  
      January 9, 2017 11:49 PM MST

I believe intuition comes from our senses and our brain analysing them based on previous experiences. If a person is highly intuitive it basically means their brain  decoding the signals from our senses, putting them into sort of scenario of what comes next. Hmm.
      January 9, 2017 11:53 PM MST

I would say yes.   The solar plexus is the seat of the subconscious according to Eastern philosophy.  The Hara is recognized as the area just below the navel which energetically attunes and connects our higher consciousness to whatever we wish to focus on.  

The Third Chakra is the solar plexus as well and is one of 7 recognized energy wheels known as the Chakras.   Again the solar plexus is the seat  of the subconscious or the intuition.
      January 10, 2017 12:03 AM MST

• We absorb a massive amount of information via our direct and peripheral awareness. The brain sorts and records anything with significant outcomes, but because there is too much of it, most of it gets stored in the unconscious. Then, when we have an emotional response to something new and seemingly unfamiliar, it is usually because something in the situation has stimulated the unconscious memory.
    Possibly we colloquially refer to intuition as coming from the gut because fear is often felt as a slight discomfort in the stomach, intestines or gut, although it also has many other signs and symptoms throughout the body.
    Sometimes the emotional reaction is expressed as a thought combined with a feeling which seems to come out of nowhere for no obvious reason. If we consciously tune in to all details of the situation, the reason will soon become clear.
      January 10, 2017 1:39 AM MST

No. of course not.

I think the point of naming a ridiculous origin for intuition is that we are clueless about how intuition works (or where we get it from).
      January 10, 2017 4:13 AM MST

• That's true. Most of us are. But we are not alone.
    In Chinese languages, the origin of all feelings, including love, is said to be in the stomach. For them it comes as a surprise to learn that in English when we speak of having a heart, we refer to compassion, or that the heart stands as a symbol for all kinds of love, and occasionally even courage.
    Neurologists and psychologists know that the seat of all emotions is in the nervous system, the brain, and the glands which produce hormones and neurotransmitters.
    Emotions are the result of a complex process. It starts with an intitial stimulus which is pleasant, neutral or unpleasant. Then the brain generates -- often habitually -- thoughts and interpretations of the stimulus in relation to the context in which it occurred. And those those then trigger our emotions which are either positive, indifferent or negative. Thus we literally create our emotions via how we interpret what we experience. This is what makes us responsible for our love, fear, anger etc. None of our emotions are caused by things that occur outside us or are done to us. I found the idea very challenging when I first heard it and put forward endless instances of how it was not so in certain cases. However, it turns out that irrespective of the stimulus, our interpretation always affects the outcome. Intuition is simply the least conscious aspect of this process.
      January 10, 2017 6:38 PM MST

i think so
      January 11, 2017 10:39 AM MST