Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » God did not create heavens, Earth, part Red Sea, say and do many in scriptures; ancient man' imaginary thinking perhaps. What IS God's role?

God did not create heavens, Earth, part Red Sea, say and do many in scriptures; ancient man' imaginary thinking perhaps. What IS God's role?

Teach wisdom for mankind, listen to prayer etc.  and only things of this nature...?

Posted - January 10, 2017

Responses

Your question assumes a false statement. 
    God (of the Bible) did create the heavens, earth, part the Red sea and the other things listed in Scripture.
      January 10, 2017 5:51 AM MST

Scientific Law of the Conservation of Energy indicates proven fact that the universe always existed in some form. 
    The Red Sea parted on it's own at a point where it is only about a mile wide and shallow due to sand bars. At low tide crossing could be made on 'dry land. Red Sea is a 2500' deep chasm caused when continents split apart.

Scientific explanation of things does not mean God does not exist necessarily.

I read an interesting article recently -a guy tried to commit suicide by ingesting 80 pills (forget what it was) 10 would have been fatal. He woke up feeling refreshed and renewed. "Why am I not dead " he wondered.  Confessed to his wife what he did, she had him taken to emergency where there was found no trace of drug in his blood. He determined  pills were not counterfeit or placebo
    Was it supernatural/God intervention? This post was edited by Kittigate at January 10, 2017 6:47 AM MST
      January 10, 2017 6:11 AM MST

So the Big Bang is out now? The universe is constantly expanding (it is not in the same form it was even yesterday. 
    I believe God uses nature's laws (His laws that He created)  to accomplish His will. 
      January 10, 2017 6:23 AM MST

Big bang is still a theory . 'In some form' means as energy or matter not physical form of a constantly changing universe.

Note edit my previous post. 
      January 10, 2017 6:32 AM MST

i think its more than that
      January 10, 2017 3:45 PM MST

"I am an atheist searching for evidence that a God may exist"

The above quote was from you to WingedWonder. Are you sure that you are "searching for evidence that a God may exist"? From your statements like "God did not create heavens, Earth, ..." in this thread and similar statements in others, you seem to come off as an atheist that is firmly convinced that God doesn't exist and tries to explain away any evidence that supports God's existence to enable your hold on your preconceived conclusion. Do you really see yourself as open minded?

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/18166/how-did-life-begin
    How Did Life Begin?

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/18482/are-you-familiar-with-the-prophecy-about-the-timing-of-the-messi
    Are you familiar with the prophecy about the timing of the Messiah in Daniel 9:24-27?

After being given the above links in another thread, you posted this question as well as the following question:
    http://answermug.com/forums/topic/19160/have-bible-prophecies-ever-served-any-useful-purpose
    Have Bible prophecies ever served any useful purpose?

Do your comments under the last above mentioned link discounting specific detailed prophecies and there exact timing of fulfillment as just a natural phenomenon really seem reasonable to you? Does throwing away such evidence of God's existence as non-evidence really make you think that you are sincerely looking for existence of God?

(Romans 1:19, 20) because what may be known about God is clearly evident among them, for God made it clear to them. 20 For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.
    I really wish you would revisit the links under the link to "How Did Life Begin?" with an open mind.

January 11, 2017 6:17 AM MST

Even when supernatural events according to bible stories have occurred can be 'explained away' by scientific evidence or scientific theory or some other means as an alternative belief  to activities of a supernatural power I did say in one of my recent posts that may not necessarily mean a God does not exist. Maybe God has other purpose than be an actor in stories made up by men who were inspired by their belief in God. 

A recent post by me - how does a biting insect 'know '  how to make blood thinners to make sipping your blood easier;  how does a snake 'know' how to make venom to disable it's prey; how did building blocks come together in proper sequence to enable life to begin from non-living matter? 

I think of it as an 'intuitive consciousness ' in nature as an alternative to belief in a supernatural creator or Intelligent Designer. 

So called 'miracles' do occur seemingly at random for various people. If God exists why is he not more consistent?

Perhaps it should first be firmly established that a Creator or Intelligent Designer exists that can enable life to begin from non-living matter rather than trying to prove that a supernatural force must exist because there no other explanation can be found thus far.
    That is like the ancient people whose thinking was 'there are earthquakes and stuff so there must be gods to cause them'.

That's my thought.

This post was edited by Kittigate at January 11, 2017 3:57 PM MST
      January 11, 2017 9:24 AM MST