TomThumb
Didge
Beans
Zack - Mr. GenXer
driftwood
Salt and Red Pepper
Lulu'sMom
TammyV2.0
Red Steele
Baba
PeaPod
SayitinaSong
Pepper Pot
President Mayhem vs. Sharonna
Plingsby
thundercatmartin
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » It is so easy to be 100% loyal to a person/ideology. No thinking required. Thinking is hard. Why do it if ya don't hafta?

It is so easy to be 100% loyal to a person/ideology. No thinking required. Thinking is hard. Why do it if ya don't hafta?

Blind unquestioning acceptance. How hard is that? Piece of cake.

• 403
    Not hard for most but some fall right into it! Evil History.
    3

• 13060
    AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply and the evil graphic. Happy Tuesday! :)
    1

• 403
    Blind unquestioning acceptance!
    0

• 857
    I don't think it's easy to be 100% loyal to anything, but especially an ideology / person. Ideologies are usually built on platitudes and the subscribers are never as perfect in practice as the platitudes (which also fall short) sound aloud.

I've met very few people who wholly practice the ideology they espouse. They're usually happy to hold others to it, but often they pick an choose how it applies to themselves. Very few exceptions.

I don't have an ideology I'm 100% loyal to for this very reason. Things are rarely so black and white. I have a set of principles that govern my interaction with others and comprise what I think ethical human interaction is in practice, but I've yet to find an ideology that even merits 100% commitment.

I'll grant that free-thought doesn't make one's life easier.
    1

• 13060
    Walking that path ain't easy my friend. It takes dedication, determination and agility! More power to you! Thank you for your thoughtful reply FNR and Happy Tuesday! :)
    1

• 857
    True and loyalty is overrated. Ever notice that the people who demand total loyalty are usually the same ones who'd rather not discuss the ethical implications of their actions? lol Bit of a pattern there.

Likewise Rosie :)

0

• 2809
    Hello Rosie:

Thinking IS hard.  That's why I'm glad our founders did the thinking for me.  When I wanna see if something is right, I read the Constitution..  Fortunately, they didn't use any big words.

1

• 13060
    Hah! Thank you for your reply excon. SIGH. :)
    0