Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Why should people NOT become atheist?

Why should people NOT become atheist?

Posted - January 10, 2017

Responses

They can be what ever they want.
    ...But there is a deep truth within all people
    that needs to be experienced by all people.
    ...Most people embrace their ego 
    and a mind full of thoughts to be their truth,
    and never look any deeper beyond
    surface consciousness.

January 10, 2017 8:06 AM MST

• Is this ego speaking?
      January 10, 2017 12:04 PM MST

cause god dont want us to but even he gives us free will
      January 10, 2017 9:49 AM MST

• It is displeasing to the gods.
      January 10, 2017 12:03 PM MST

How does it harm a god/God by not believing in him/her/it? 
    I think should more pleasing for Them  to see mankind behaving wisely; should be their biggest concern. 

Maybe it is just a lot of the theists who are most displeased with atheism 
      January 10, 2017 12:22 PM MST

You shouldn't become an atheist if you believe in a god. I don't think atheism is a choice.
      January 10, 2017 4:20 PM MST

It's coming to a reasonable conclusion. 
      January 10, 2017 10:11 PM MST

Atheists or theists are right in their own respective ways. Being a member of answerbag I have seen ABers shredding each other with their highly strung emotions. 
      January 10, 2017 10:16 PM MST

Yes. I did not get notification of your reply till just now. 
      January 13, 2017 9:07 PM MST

Oh is that so,Aldonoir, how are you? I'm logging in after a gap of 2-3 days.
      January 14, 2017 10:24 PM MST

Well hello.. i'm fine. You?

Aldonoir.. that sounds familiar.  This post was edited by Kittigate at January 14, 2017 11:21 PM MST
      January 14, 2017 11:19 PM MST

• All are born absent beliefs. Faith and religion is learned, atheism is the original state. 
      January 13, 2017 8:45 PM MST

Religion can be a good thing as a means for people to socialize. Gets scary though when there is lack of consistency with interpretations of scriptures of the same religion so you get so many different sects as well as a few cult sort of things, and dangerous extremist elements in all religions. The cash cow of the purgatory concept,  the prosperity preachers et al. Nuff said,  I could go on.. Anyway for the most part i think most religious people are nice people. 
    I think it would be better for people to assume scriptures were written by fallible man who were inspired by their belief in God rather than inspired by an infallible God.  Makes better sense that way. This post was edited by Kittigate at January 13, 2017 10:05 PM MST
      January 13, 2017 9:45 PM MST

August 12, 2017 12:33 AM MDT

• Those who accept the various dogmas and doctrines of theistic faith commonly do so without the use or examination of evidence, but by essentially blind belief in what they've been told as children by elders they are led to trust. In no other area of human thought or endeavor is so much esteem and value placed on so untestable or intangible a basis as is religious faith. Scrutiny of such texts as those underpinning the major theisms routinely reveal fantastical implausibilities, unsupportable claims and countless direct contradictions with themselves and with other faiths. Any serious study of the long history of man's faiths consistently shows the trail of ideological evolution from the animist and pagan beliefs to the selective inclusions and purposeful redacting of these basic tenets that contrived the current set of monotheisms that exist today. All such beliefs can be shown, without exception, to have been spread through the perpetuation of fears, ignorance and the threat of grim consequences. 
    One becomes Atheist by dismissing such blather as unsubstantiated myth, which has been the ultimate end of every thestic belief not still observed now. No enterprise can claim such a dark and destructive legacy as can religious faith. 
      January 15, 2017 6:07 AM MST