Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » What's the last book you almost finished?

What's the last book you almost finished?

Posted - January 10, 2017

Responses

I finish all the books I've read unless they are so boring that I give up after 100 pages.
      January 10, 2017 9:49 AM MST

• Im sorta the other way around. I almost finish most of the books I start. Unless they are technical or historic in nature, I have a hard time not having to read the same paragraph two or three times.over. 
    100 pages before you give up??
    That's alright. I figure if I make it that far, im already committed to finish. That's why if I don't like it within the first ten or twenty pages, I stop. Just in case it gets good and I have to finish it. Thanks S. I a appreciate your answer.
      January 10, 2017 9:56 AM MST

• I'm reading through the Lord of The Rings, but life keeps happening and I have to stop for a while. It's an on and off type of thing.
      January 10, 2017 11:49 AM MST

• Yeah 
    About those. I have them. And I keep looking at them. 
    Unfortunately, that's as far as I've gotten with those. Everybody says how much better they are than the movies. Thanks Corey.
      January 10, 2017 4:06 PM MST

• I've watched the movies and they are right. The books are far more in-depth but in a good way.
      January 10, 2017 5:17 PM MST

• "The Shack".  Got about half way and tossed it aside a utter rubbish.
      January 10, 2017 11:59 AM MST

• Had to look that one up. It's got a pretty impressive list of credits, you'd figure it would be good. 
    You made it thru half of it.  Sometimes I do give them a chance, and the more I read past the point where I say, "let's give it a little longer", the more I despise it. ). Thanks W.
      January 10, 2017 4:13 PM MST

• Fifty Shades of Gray. What a bloody bore. I don't read books, I read newspapers. (was an anomaly, for sure)
      January 10, 2017 12:51 PM MST

• Tnere's a hilarious review of Fifty Shades on Good Reads. I think you'll enjoy it. 
      January 10, 2017 3:20 PM MST

• There is online George Teak, Mr. Sulu, reading an excerpt form Fifty Shades. 
      January 10, 2017 3:50 PM MST

• Thanks
      January 10, 2017 3:59 PM MST

• I can only imagine!
      January 10, 2017 8:41 PM MST

• You actually tried to read that, J.
    I don't say that because of the content, but the writing, it is so awful. 
    Hope far did you go into it?
      January 10, 2017 4:15 PM MST

• I meant "how"
      January 10, 2017 4:35 PM MST

• I did, yeah. I tried to enjoy it., to finish it. Finally, enough was enough. I don't remember if it was almost halfway, or just over halfway. I even watched the movie. Waste of money. Good to know it got the raspberry award, tied with some other movie. Made me proud.   The writing WAS awful.
      January 10, 2017 8:45 PM MST

• Enough was enough, . . That's funny..  
    To continue with the motive of the book you still went to the movies to get more punishment.
    Thanks J
      January 10, 2017 11:09 PM MST

• I had to see just how bad the movie would be. :)
    Welcome.
      January 12, 2017 7:56 PM MST

• I got about half way through The Girl on the Train before packing it in. Then I had the bright idea of checking it out on the Internet and discovered that it didn't improve as it went on. My mistake was in not giving up sooner.
      January 10, 2017 3:17 PM MST

• I know what you mean, the older I get, the less I wait. 
    Ten pages or so is enough for me. 
    I've been looking at that one. 
    Why didn't you like it?
      January 10, 2017 4:24 PM MST

• At first I found it intriguing to be in the mind of this girl on the train. Interessting. For a while. But she was a total loser and you can only spend so much time with somebody like that before you get the heebie jeebies. From what I tracked down on the web, it didn't improve.
      January 10, 2017 5:18 PM MST

• Tuesdays with Morrie.   I heard how good it was but got halfway through and couldn't take the syrup anymore.
      January 10, 2017 3:26 PM MST

• That seems like a good one Glis.
    Although im not sure it it would be able to keep my attention for long. 
    Seems like there would be too much of the "feelings" stuff for me. 
    It looks like I could learn something tho. It says here that it has changed millions of lives!
    Hm. 
      January 10, 2017 4:31 PM MST

• It's feel good sentimental fluff. At least as far as I got into it, which was actually pretty far.   It was painfully saccharine.

January 10, 2017 4:37 PM MST